Thursday, January 17, 2008

Girl Talk

*P31 Woman Submission is previous post.*



















Sally Miller is the author of Girl Talk ... God Talk: What Your Friends Can Teach You About Prayer, which I'm currently enjoying because of my close friendships with the women in this picture (and you, my blog friends, who have opened up a whole new dimension of friendship to me.)

I have a copy of this book to give away to whoever wins this quick guessing game related to the photo above. In the event that there is a tie, a name will be drawn by Zoe, the wonder dog. If you are in above said picture, you are not eligible to play, although I wouldn't put it past any of you to try sneak in the back door with a fake name.

So I'm going to give you a list of descriptions for each woman. You are to guess which goes with whom.

A. Neo-natal nurse. Recently lost a lot of weight, thus incurring jealous wrath from the rest of the troubled group (kidding). Lived in Texas for a long while. Has porcelain skin with no wrinkles, also thus incurring wrath from the jealous group (kidding.) Very affectionate with sweet heart.

B. Political junkie. Is stoked about an upcoming trip to DC where she is going to hang out at the popular haunts to try to stalk catch glimpses, get pics and autographs of the "stars." Former clarinetest, if that is a word. Embraces her inner nerd. Has a habit of saying, "Srsly." Is butt of many of my jokes.

C. Mom of four. On church worship team because of a voice you would NOT believe. She likes Martina McBride. But Martina is probably HER fan, or should be. Has the greatest laugh ever. Youngest child calls her when our group meets so that this mom can pray with her before she goes to bed.

D. Office manager at grocery store. New grandma. Nicest one of group. Falls asleep alot during our get togethers because she gets up at dark:thirty every morning.

E. Culinarily challenged. Blogs too much. Regrettably, cuts her own bangs.

F. Children's pastor. Master scrapbooker. Hot chick. Mom of three, one son in Navy. Allergic to garlic. Energy level roughly same as a nuclear power plant. Is one month younger than I am.

G. Gourmet cook and chocolatier. Maintained "colorful" lifestyle BC, thus has great testimony. Not bashful. At all. Had her own ad agency at one time. "Lost" fanatic.

H. Nurse. Lived many years in Kazakhstan doing goodwill ambassadorship on behalf of our Father. Great smile. Very practical and intelligent. Gives group someone to try to emulate. Needs to write manual for troubled group.

I. Senior Vice President of Something or Other at a big company whose cartoon character is famous worldwide. Colts fan. Reads aloud well. Gets along with others, for the most part. Is 2nd butt of many of my jokes.

So there you are, the women of my lifegroup. Please match them up by letter first, then number. Example: E-2.

Thanks for playing; I know you'll enjoy the book!

11 comments:

Susanne said...

Oooo a game! I love me some games. But before I try can I say: "Allergic to garlic??? I think this Hungarian would curl up and die! Poor girl. My heart goes out to her." Okay onward to the game.

A-9
B-6
C-5
D-8
E-2
F-7
G-1
H-4
I-3

Linda said...

S: You are amazing. You got 5 right.

Missy @ It's Almost Naptime said...

There is a direct correlation between Lived in Texas and No Wrinkles. The humidity down here is good for *something*.

Alana said...

Hi Linda,

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I had so much fun with this little game. I have NO IDEA if I even got one right, but a lot of fun. Sounds like you have some amazing ladies in your group!!

A-9
B-1
C-4
D-8
E-2
F-5
G-6
H-3
I-7

Linda said...

Alana, you also have 5 right!

BeverlyDru said...

This was fun - who doesn't like a quiz that offers no penalties but the possibility of reward?! Linda, thanks for your encouraging words to me to start my weekend on a high note.
Here are my total guesses:
A-9
B-5
C-4
D-1
E-2
F-6
G-8
H-7
I-3

I think my chances are best if Zoe just randomly chooses a winner.

Teri said...

A-9
B-3
C-7
D-8
E-2
F-1
G-4
H-5
I-6

Hmmm, that was randomly fun. Hope Zoe ges to choose too!

PJ said...

Total guess!!

A-9
B-4
C-6
D-8
E-2
F-1
G-5
H-3
I-7

Fun. How'd I do??

Melanie said...

This is tough. Have to think about it.

Susan said...

A-9
B-7
C-3
D-8
E-2
F-4
G-5
H-6
I-1

I've been sitting here for almost ten minutes with my notepad next to me trying to figure out which five the other two got and in essence, playing "Mastermind" with your blog. My "logic moment" is over and I say..."Let Zoe pick!" This was fun!

:-) Susan

Debbie said...

It would be like cheating for me to play but what a fun game.