Sunday, July 20, 2008

Are You Supposed to Think This Hard on Saturdays Sundays?



Name what you think should be your first 5 priorities in life. Then order those priorities the way they actually are at present in your own life. Do they match up? Why or why not? If needed, what is one thing that you can do today that will help your two lists match up?


The Proposed Priorities:

1. Know/Love God
2. Love Others
3. Love Husband/Children
4. Be a loving, helpful daughter
5. Serve others through work and volunteering

The Actual Activity:

1. Planning the details of my days, working in all of the above the best I can
2. Falling short in each area
3. Scrambling the rankings daily, inverting and rearranging as I go
4. Serving self
5. Asking for forgiveness where I've fallen short

Not sure what to do about the discrepancies because I wake with prayer, read the Word, pray, think of my responsibilities toward others, try to figure out how to accomplish what needs to be done, fall short, go to sleep with prayer. And TV.

The answer?

GRACE.

13 comments:

Truth4thejourney said...

I'm so thankful for God's grace! I heard someone once say that God shouldn't be first in our lives, He wants to be in EVERY AREA of our lives. So sarting your day with Him (and ending that way, too) probably is ensuring that He is in every area of your life.

You're doing great!

Susan said...

Isn't it wonderful to know that HIS GRACE is so freely given to us!! I love that picture of the acronym: God's Riches At Christ's Expense.

Hugs,

Susan

Susanne said...

I don't know what I would do without the grace of God in my life.

The Bayou Belles and Their Beau said...

I, too, stink in all these areas. So thankful for grace.

skoots1mom said...

Galatians 5:22
"But what happens when we live God's way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard—things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity. We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people. We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to marshal and direct our energies wisely."

Rena said...

This is a great list to check...
I'm off to check out another post...check back on my blog a bit later for those pics...

Mocha with Linda said...

Grace greater than all my sin!

Marina said...

Please come back and see the rest of my pictures I had so many I didn't know which ones to put up and yes being in the sun takes alot of you.love,marina

Marina said...

yes, linda your right the beach is very trying but very relaxing and in a good way but now I feel like I have sand every where even in my ears and belly button (please don't tell you mom) LOL!! :),marina

Laurie Ann said...

Grace...oh how precious it is! I, too, get distracted and realize that I fall so short in so many areas. Grace truly is the answer, my friend.

Breanne Vasquez said...

How wonderful. It is so true and I have needed an extra helping of Grace lately.

Roxanne said...

wonderful post.

Cal said...

Thank God for "grace." We never seem to do all we want to do and never quite live up to the image we try to project. I like the old saying, "Let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am!"

Fun stuff on your blog. I am going to link to your site for my readers.

Cal