Tuesday, September 23, 2008

100,000


Guess what time I had to be at work this morning? 7:00 AM! We're having a special breakfast in our building for an organization that is honoring local students, so our staff is hosting the group. As I understand it, my high-profile, vital role in this endeavor is to re-fill coffee. I think I can do that, but I'll probably need to guzzle a carafe myself to make me coherent that early. Don't worry; I'll wipe my lipstick off the spout, of course.

And now it is with great wonder and happiness that I announce to you that I have marked my 100,000th visitor to this blog! Woo to the Hoo!

CELEBRATORY FACTOIDS:

~I have 863 posts that began, I believe, in October 2005, the same time I started writing a monthly column for our newspaper. (I'm not sure because somewhere in my first year, I got a new look or switched something or other that lost some pertinent info.) Now, the deflating truth is, as I researched other blogs who hit 100,000, I saw one person who said, "in 9 months!" It took me 3 years. So what. I bet Clinton Kelly never emailed you, Mrs. 9 months.

~Do not be impressed about the newspaper column. It is stuck on the "religion" page where I'm sure only "religious" people read it. And sometimes I have to tell my mom it's actually in there. And sometimes I have to explain to her what I really meant to say, which is not too ego-boosting when I think other people may be out there going, "Melvin, what does this woman mean by 'boat-load of laundry' and what's that got to do with my Lord Jesus?" And sometimes I have to make my own family read it. It's like a punishment to them, like I'm making them sit and listen to me sing all of the verses of "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald." Even Jorge.

~I looked back at my first two comments, and they were both from males from whom I've never heard since. Story of my life.

~My first on-line friend I met through blogging is Susanne of Living to Tell the Story. She is Canadian, a great cook, and a reading addict. I sent her a little something this week because I love her even though I've never met her. Thank you for being my first blogging friend, Susanne! Now, see, if "Harry" and "Larry," my first commenters had stuck with me, I would have sent them gifts this week, but no--they ditched me. Too bad for them.

~The posts which have received the most comments (besides carnivals) are the one about musicals, "Can I Get a Napkin, Please?" and ... the one where I asked for your opinions about which wallpaper to choose for my kitchen, which got 5 more comments than the musical post. This tells me that my readers A) Are trying to evangelize me into accepting, yea, even loving musicals and B) Are really into wallpaper. So when my comments drop off, I'm going title the next post, "WALLPAPER MAKES ME SING!!!" and reel you all back in. You're like putty in my hands since I know you lurrrve wallpaper. [sinister laugh].

~My 100,000th visitor is: April in Connecticut, and no, that's not the name of a musical, even though it sure sounds like it. I cannot link you to April because she does not have a blog. I'm working on her about that!

When I emailed April to confirm that she was #100,000, here's what she said, "Wow!! 100,000 visitors!! That's awesome! And I'm quite proud to be the one that did it. I *almost* didn't check my Google reader before going out to do some things, but I said "Oh, I'll just check a couple...". Of course you know that turned into reading 10 before I snapped out of it! LOL Well, I'm so glad you came to your senses, April, and came to see me. I am sending April a little gift as a token of my appreciation, but I am not sending one to Harry or Larry.

So that's my 864th post. I know I said I was going to give you my interpretation of political jargon through the mom-lens today, but this ran too long, so I'll save that for tomorrow.

And speaking of "I See What You're Saying," (?) do you realize, we are ONE WEEK away?? Get to taping yourself--maybe you could do a musical ode to wallpaper!

35 comments:

Jackie @ Our Moments Our Memories said...

Congrats, Linda! 100,000 hits...pretty amazing. At the rate I'm going, it will take me, oh, maybe 10 years to get there.

And if I had to choose, I'd take getting an email from Clinton Kelly over reaching 100,000 hits in 9 months any day. No brainer.

Mrs. Who said...

Glad to be one of your 100,000 readers!

And, uh. I have to be at school at 7:00 EVERY MORNING. Yet another reason to look forward to retirement!

Kim said...

Congrats Linda!! I think I'm still under 100! ;) (ooo...I just shocked myself! I'm at 172!!!)

I'm thrilled to be one of your readers, and close enough that maybe one day we'll have that 2nd cup of coffee in person! :)

Blessings for your day!
Kim

Jodi said...

Congratulations Linda for having 100K hits!!You are awesome!!!

You hit that and I hit 200 posts!

Smelling Coffee said...

Congratulations to you, today! I, too, enjoy being one of your 100,000 hits!

Dena @ Green Acres said...

Congratulations Linda on making it to 100,000 hits! That's awesome!

That cracked me up that your second most commented post was about musicals. Try using jazz hands, maybe that'll help you enjoy it more when you sing. lol

Gwendolyn said...

Congratulations! I aspire to that number someday. It may take me ten years, but I'll get there eventually...maybe. LOL

The Patterson 5 said...

Congratualations on 100,000 dedicated readers!

Glad you are planning to wipe the lipstick off the spout!

Chatty Kelly said...

Okay, clearly I missed the Clinton Kelly story. DISH IT! You must share.

Congrats! I just celebrated my 100th blog posting. Cheers!

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Well hello, my dear blogging mentor!! :-) 100,000. Wow! That's really unfathomable to me right now!

You are SO worth reading 864 times, too. Just the other day I went back and read some of your older posts from when you had just started. You didn't build up to being as cute as you are now...you always have been!

I loved the tangled bra captions! Hysterical!

Marina said...

congratulations on you 100,000 "))
I am so glad I found you don't know how but I did ")
I can't wait to hear you talk ! I hope you are since that well be the colest I get to ever meeting you.
May God keep blessing your Blog ")
love, marina

Barbara H. said...

Congratulations on 100,000 hits!

Laurie Ann said...

Congrats on your 100K visitor! Coolbeans! Too bad for Harry & Larry.

April in CT said...

I still don't like musicals, but for some reason I feel like doing jazz hands now!

Congrats again!

Merrie said...

Congratulations! I'm reallllllllll impressed! (as I should be!)

Greg C said...

Congrats but I wanted to win. :( Maybe I can be number 200,000. I can dream can't I? No musical here. I am planning on doing something serious....NOT.

samurai said...

Congratulations on those milestones! By God's grace I hope to be around for the next 100k visits! lol

Rachel said...

Congratulations!

And Clinton Kelly emailed you??? Wow! That makes you a celebrity by association. :)

Of course, with 100,000 hits I think you're already a celebrity. :)

Breanne said...

Wow - that is so great. Congrats!

mommaof4wife2r said...

uber congrats!!! it's my first stop here...and i came by bc of the title. i am a coffe junkie...sad but true!

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

I can remember some of your first comments on my blog and I loved finding your blog through them! Congrats!

Smilingsal said...

Congrats, Linda on proving to the blogworld that you can write!

BTW: When I taught, I had to report by 7:15 each day. I don't like to run late, so I usually got there by 6:45. Yes, yes, I'm amazing!

So, why didn't you link us to your column?

Dawn said...

congratulations! That is amazing. I'm excited to hit 230 after just a couple months. 100,000 seems so far off. How about a blog about how you achieved that kind of readership? I'm sure there are plenty of us that would appreciate your insight.

THE ROOST said...

FUNNY!!! Congrats on your post and hits and comments!! Your are a great writer. :)

Becky said...

Yay for April! I am going to read your column... every day! Is there a link for it on your blog? Too late, I'm impressed. ;-)

LZ Blogger said...

Linda ~ Wow 100,000 visitors? That is GREAT! I have no idea how many I've had. I do know that I get many more visitors (lurkers) than I do commenter’s. I did find you blogging info interesting. The first two commenter’s on my site were both women. The third one was a guy... who (by the way) still does visit my blog with humorous comments. As for the two women... I think they lost interest in me, when they found out I was married. I think that most of the folks who visit now are ones that I usually visit their sites and leave comments on theirs as well. I have noticed that comments and (especially) humor are sometimes taken the wrong way and can come off as sarcasms. And “that” (sarcasm) is something that I try to stay away from. I think that most of the lurkers at my blog are merely folks looking online as Google searches for travel destinations. I have noticed that a comment search I have seen is for how to pronounce Papeete, (in Tahiti). Try it sometime, and you'll find my blog listed there. ~ Weird but true! Again... CONGRATULATIONS!!! Keep going for a million! ~ jb///

Edie said...

Congratulations Linda! I'm so glad you thought to wipe your lipstick off of the carafe too. That could be embarassing. :)

Susanne said...

I'm so glad I checked back because I left you a comment this morning and it looks like blogger ate it for breakfast.

So I'll say again, Congratulations on your 100,000, Linda! I knew right from the start you had mega writing talent. I've "hit" every post and will continue to stick with ya. I'm so glad to have made such a great friend through this thing called blogging!

Linda said...

Wow! That's amazing! I think I'll reach 100,000 tissues before I ever get 100,000 visitors to my little blog. Congrats!

Phyllis@Aimless Conversation said...

100,000 comments! I think that calls for a song and dance. LOL

Connie said...

Congrats! I can't imagine 100,000 visitors! Keep us laughing and wondering how in the world you came up with that and we'll all keep coming back. You'll hit 200,000 in no time! Connie

Lelia Chealey said...

100,000th???? 8 hundred something posts???? Oh my goodness Lidna, that makes you sound really old!!! ;)

Congratulations!!! I know I've said this via comments, email and even face to face at She Speaks, but I really love your writing, your humor, your love for God, you, and your blog. Hmmmm....I should do a "Lidna Award" ;).
So glad we've met. I saw the pic you emailed me of your friend and I am very flattered...she's a beauty!
I wish I could get to where I could send you the pic of us at SS,but my computer won't let me for some unknown reason.
Okay, congrats again.
love ya,
Lelia

Ballerina Girl said...

Linda
I look at all of your comments...32, 24, 30...and I think, How the Heck do I get there? I am amazed at bloggers like you that have so many readers!
Someday, somewhere...(from the musical Cats)
Congrats...glad I found you too!
BG

PJ said...

What???? Wallpaper and the Napkin musical got more than Ken Lee?? Ken Lee was my all time favorite! Although I did get a kick out of the Napkin musical. Although not for the same reasons you did. Congrats on your 100,000 visitors!!

roxannekristina.blogspot.com said...

Apologies for inserting update into post comment off topic.

I’m writing to let you know my Sharing Notes blog is history.

If I happen to be on your link list, below is my new blog name/address (if I am not on your link list, no worries what so ever… if you are receiving this you are on my link list – please let me know if problem):

Roxanne Kristina
http://roxannekristina.blogspot.com/

If you would like more details please read this post:
http://roxannekristina.blogspot.com/2008/09/dear-ones-link-list.html

Blessings,
Roxanne

PS: Thank you again L for your generous and kind help. Your input and encouragement was greatly appreciated!!!