Monday, November 03, 2008

Fall Into Flavor Week 5

As many of you know, I do not cook. Well, I do, technically, but I tend to start with one goal, the title of the recipe, and end up with a different version, usually the "blackened" version, which is OK if you're Cajun, but I imagine even Cajuns draw the line at blackened pancakes.

All that to say I'm running out of recipes because I think you'd catch on if I posted a recipe for two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onion on a sesame seed bun. Even if I added a side of candied yams to add a fall nuance.

So, question: are we done with this carnival? Do you wanna go another week or two, or are you riding the merry-go-round and reaching your arms out to me in a plea to lift you off every time you pass by?

I'd like to give at least one week's notice since thousands upon thousands of you are participating each week. I hate to shock the masses by suddenly shutting down. Please vote (I can't believe I just used that word) in a comment below about how many more Mondays we should go.

3-Ingredient

Pumpkin Fluff Dip


16 oz whipped topping, thawed
5 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
15 oz pumpkin, with or without spices. If w/out, you'll need some pumpkin pie spice

In a large bowl, mix pudding mix & pumpkin.
Fold in thawed whipped topping.
Chill until served.

I serve the fluff with cinnamon-sugar graham crackers and a cinnamon stick, which guests can use as a knife to spread the fluff onto the cracker.

Now let's spread the wealth of our recipes around. It's the patriotic thing to do.


18 comments:

Renna said...

That pumpkin stuff sounds heavenly!

Esthermay said...

yeah... quit "Fall into Flavor?" whatever. If the fun isn't here, we can always find another place.
Come to think about it... we may all be too despodent after Nov. 4th to play anymore. Yeah. Drop it.
Or not. You decide. It's your blog. I'm undecided at this point.

lmerie said...

Pumpkin flugg!! Yum.

Happy Monday!

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Well I, for the first time EVER, sat down yesterday and wrote several posts ahead of time and scheduled them...two of them were today's and next Monday's. SO, if we don't have it next week, can I post two today? Because I was saving my best recipe for next week.

(Also, I forgot to link the permalink. I haven't done that in a long time...duh. Sorry.)

annie's eyes said...

Pumpkin fluff sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving table family pleaser! I jotted down what we made last Friday evening. This is that time of year we all get really crazy, so I vote for one more -Wow 'em with your favorite Thanksgiving recipe...? Arg. Vote. Okay. I'm thankful for voting, just wished I could vote multiple times, but that's not an original thought either. This has been fun to see what everyone is making in the kitchen. You have some blogging good cooks that read 2nd cup! Thanks, Linda.

Merrie said...

I have enjoyed doing this and I LOVE the pumpkin stuff/fluff/dip... didn't know how to make it.
I vote for one more week... I'm running out of recipes...

April in CT said...

Ohhhh, that fluff looks so good!

I have WAY more recipe blogs in my reader than anything else so I think you know my vote.

Sharon said...

Keep it up for another week or two! It's fun to acquire new recipes that I just might .... just maybe .... actually make!

Chatty Kelly said...

As a fellow "blackened" cooking queen, I am not posting recipes, nor visiting the posters. But you do what works for you all. I do still visit you every day, cause I Ken Lee you. But I usually don't comment on Mondays, because I have nothing to add.

Except - You deserve a break today, so get up and on your way, at McDonalds. They do it all for you! :D (to go with those 2 all beef patties!)

Chel - An Abiding Branch said...

guuurrlfriend I make something similar that I shared with chel at legacy, i think she is going to post it sometime cuz her fam went nuts over it. anyway, I use Annie Ginger Thins cookies, try it you'll like it. tee hee
Chel

Cheffie-Mom said...

I just recently found your blog. Don't quit just yet! (: Pumpkin Fluff Dip - YUMMY!

Mocha with Linda said...

Another week. All life as we know it can't end today!

Because it isn't over 'til the fat lady sings. And she sure ought to be fat enough, thanks to all of us!

I bet you posted that pumpking fluff just for me, didn't you?!

skoots1mom said...

I use oranges a lot in the Fall...ciders, or basting, so I thought it might be nice to share this one...
crepes...give it a try

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

I love pumpkin--the fluff sounds yummy :)

skoots1mom said...

your fluff would be good in a graham cracker pie crust...with a dollip of whipped on the top.

also, it would be good served with cut fruits on the side...

missy said...

just found your blog through a comment on someone else's blog. i had to visit b/c we lived in muncie for 10 years...and i miss it! i'm thrilled about the pumpkin fluff recipe!!! thanks!

PJ said...

You know me. I post a recipe about every other week. Who knows, I may post for three weeks after you're all done. What's that about one's own drummer??? I think that's the sound in my head. Pa rum a pum pum!!! (Sorry. It's been like that this week!)

RissaRoo said...

Yummy! I'm late (as usual) but glad I stopped by, the pumpkin stuff looks great and easy to make!