Saturday, January 24, 2009

Project 365 Week 4, January 18-24

*Edit* I accidentally posted my Ugly Mug winner's post without the actual winner, of course, which basically means I gave away all of my prize secrets, which makes me want to shoot myself in the foot or something. Then I deleted it, but if you saw it in your reader, then you already know about "the goods." Maybe it will inspire you more!


Photobucket

Wow, time flies when you've got nothing interesting to take pictures of. And I have no idea why my slideshow is repeating pictures. It doesn't do that when I edit it, of course. It only happens here on my blog. Nice.

Anyway, here is week four, in a nutshell:

Sunday: A picture of the latest scarf, which is to die for: purple, white, and black, three of my favorite colors. I now have enough scarves to do a nice Thursday Thirteen post about them. I thought of the TT post because I hate singling them out in pics like I have here. I mean, how can I show favoritism when they're all so sweet, like good children that don't talk back but only hug you around your neck. Scarves = biblical full-quiver blessing.

Monday:
Back to work. Yes, Indiana is that flat. If we didn't have trees, we could see across the state line. This is the road I travel every day at least twice a day, usually more. Quite scenic, if you're not into scenery.

Tuesday: Yogurt. It's what's for breakfast. And lunch. I'm eating a lot of low-fat yogurt, people. That's two to three a day, seven days a week. Imagine what my grocery cart looks like. The cashier probably thinks I'm bathing in it. And I have finally succumbed to the guilt of not washing, saving and sending in the foil lids to feed the hungry somehow (I haven't read the fine print yet). When I was an occasional yogurt consumer, I just licked that foil and tossed it. Now every time I lick it, I see the writing on the lid, and the guilt has grown to the point where I am actually washing and saving the foil as if I'm actually going to follow through on this good deed.

Bonus pic: That corn on my chair at work? The "Corn Fairies" (the teenage interns) left it there for me when I stepped away from my area. Also this week they left a thawed Freezee popsicle thing in my chair. In years past, other interns have left me Neil Diamond albums and live goldfish in a bowl and "You Rock" spelled out in Styrofoam peanuts, all on my chair. Ah, youth ministry.

Wednesday: Wednesday night is Girls' Group night, where we have coffee and talk and laugh and celebrate milestones together. This week we celebrated our friend Diane's birthday. Diane is my friend whom I've told you in previous posts is battling cancer. As you can imagine, her birthday is pretty special. And she does NOT look 51, but she is. Here she is seen holding the pretty mug I gave her with chocolate in it and a pink scarf that I gave her. I bet you'd like to receive a pretty mug just like that one, wouldn't you? Gee, wonder how you could do that?

Thursday: Self-portrait entitled, "Nanook Leaves for Work in the Morning."

Friday: Attended a PJ birthday party for my beautiful co-worker and friend whom I shall call "Hope" because I have called her "Faith" in previous posts. I'm clever like that. There were three other "girls" there. We watched Wife Swap and talked and laughed and ate. I was the oldest woman there. So I decided to turn that lemon into lemonade by telling them that I had not had a period since October 4, my 46th birthday. They were all envious. Very envious. Making younger women envious of me in whatever way I can? Tres sweet, mes petite bon bons.

Saturday: Fooling around trying to take pics to post on my ugly mug contest Monday. This is called "mugging for the camera." Get it? "Mugging?" Yeah. Well, I gave my best attempt about 36 times and then gave up, as evidence by the exasperated look in that one pic.

Funny thing is, I've seen that same expression in many of Mama Belle's pictures of herself. You know how they say that people who are together a lot tend to take on each others' traits, habits and expressions to the point of looking alike? Do you think it's possible I'm doing that with Mama Belle from a zillion miles away?

*Bonus pic that is blurry: Zoe is kissing the camera lens. She's a diva.

Come on back tomorrow (Monday) to visit our Ugly Muggin' Friends around the 'Net as they sign in via Mr Linky. Then come on back and vote in my comments. Tuesday, the Queen of the Ugly Mug receives her scholarship, sash, and cash prizes worth millions of dollars.



23 comments:

skoots1mom said...

r u watching the pageant instead of the "lost" overview??
Clint-en is lookin' FINE!

Esthermay said...

♦Scarf!
♦I do hope you’re not eating the FIBER yogurt in this quantity. Oh my!
♦God bless the youth!
♦Oh my gosh! You’re pregnant!
♦Awesome self-portraits! (Seriously- you look great and know it or they wouldn't be here, right?) My 24-year old daughter tells me that she and her friends can tell how old a woman is by how wide her wedding band is. “Older Women” (according to Sharon) like wide bands. Hmmmmmm. Nice ring, old woman!
♦Really not nice to make fun of winter clothing! I dress like this everyday. Indoors.

marina said...

really good picture show and love the scarf ! have a nice evening. marina

Heather of the EO said...

You are the cutest! The pictures of you just made me smile a whole lot. And I needed a smile.

Did I miss something in the explanations, or is there a mystery photo in there that looks like a tongue with a bunch of hair around it?

Mocha with Linda said...

Fun pics!

Can't imagine such a flat horizon with so few trees. And of course, snow!

Debbie said...

You have just gotten so tech savvy! I love the picture show.

sara said...

great pictures! I am so glad you told me that was Zoe licking the lens.....ya...

40winkzzz said...

Well, your second commenter beat me to it, but I'm going to say it anyway...

No period since October 4? So the baby is due in, what, July?

And... I can NOT take self-portraits, mirror or not. Well, I mean I *can* but they don't come out looking good at all. I don't know whether it's my heavy camera, a lack of skill, or simply a lack of good looks. My 18-y/o takes gorgeous self-portraits. She took the one that's in my sidebar. The kid really coulda taken her own senior pics.

Dena said...

Great pictures! I love the same kind of yogurt. I'm not a big milk drinker, so I have at least 2 a day to make sure I get my calcium in.

I forgot mug day! ACK! I have my mug, just haven't taken any pictures of it. Must go do that!

And by the way, I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but your hair is so cute!!

Ang baylis said...

It's starting to get difficult to take a picture every day! Some days are worse than others when I work. It's a lot of fun to look at yours! That yogurt looks good. My new eating plan doesn't allow me to eat any. Hmmm... we always want what we can't have! Have a great week!
Love,
Angie xoxo

mtnest423 said...

I *love* your hair! I'm getting mine cut Wed. and am trying to decide on how I want it.

Wendi @ Every Day Miracles said...

Hmmmm...bathing in yogurt. Could be fun~

You are rockin' the scarves! :)

Susanne said...

So what is the reason for the mega yogurt consumption? Thank goodness it 's not the fiber stuff.

That scarf is great! You should do tutorials of all the cute scarf tying stuff you do.

Mug oh yeah. Still gotta find one and take pics.

Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

You amaze me with your originality and creativity. Yoplait is one of my favorites especially the keylime and the peach. As you know I have been sick this week and I devoted most of last evening tackling my Ugly Mug entry. I think I did a pretty good job, you will have to wait and see :)

Kim said...

Since October? Lucky duck. I haven't since beginning of Dec. but I've gone three months at a stretch before and then it reappears so not holding my breath.

Great pictures from a busy week!

So what do you do to the interns? Come on, tell us a few of the pranks you've pulled on them!

Chatty Kelly said...

Coffee AND CHOCOLATE. I gotta get me an ugly mug!

*grin*

beckyjomama said...

LOVE the scarf!! Really, LOVE IT!!! And your hair, oh so cute!!

Debbie said...

Love the show and Zoe's picture made "Sit Ubu Sit" pop into my head...

I've mimiced that Nanook look several times lately.

the TBloG said...

So fun! And I love your hair!

Edie said...

I love the scarf you got for Dianne. Very cute!

Even after you said Zoe licked the lens it still took me a minute. LOL.

Your "corn fairies" sound like fun.

skoots1mom said...

i'll have to scan and post one or two of my pics...that was back when I had a real body...
oh for those days again :)

Lorri said...

I love reading your post every day and especially love your pictures!

Rachel said...

How. Are. You. Surviving. On. Only. Yogurt.

That's all I can say.