Friday, February 27, 2009

Say it Forward: Have You Met My Friend Chatty Kelly?

Mom Blogs

I know. She's purty. This is my friend and often co-conspirator in "discussing" the peculiarities and idiosyncrasies of life that make sitting upright and breathing interesting:
Chatty Kelly.

I don't remember the first comment she ever made here or that I made at her place, but somehow, we connected, and just like Olivia Newton John and John Travolta, "We Go Together." Well, not just like them, but you know what I mean.

Kelly gets, or at least pretends to get, my humor (like my disdain for musicals), and she usually adds a witty comment just to spur me on, I think. For instance, she totally understood my fascination with and laughing-until-I-cried response to the Ken Lee woman, and occasionally refers to this post which highlights my all-time favorite video ever. EVER. Alas, Kelly does not watch LOST, but really, other than that, she's perfect.

Seriously, Kelly is a great encouragement to me. She's a talented, multi-faceted writer/speaker who loves God, so please go visit her today and say hello.

And now, the interview:

Question 1: Salmon or Fruit Roll Ups?? JUST KIDDING!

Real Question 1: One of the things I like best about your writing is your ability to see spiritual applications in everyday moments. What is your thought process when you create those posts? Do you have light bulb moments of inspiration? Do you write with a certain audience in mind?

I really don't live my life for blog entries. However, it seems after a real life occurrence, I will glean a spiritual lesson from it, something that makes me go "Wow!" I just naturally want to share the "wow" with someone else, and the blog is the perfect place to do it. Sometimes it resonates with my readers and they go "wow" too. (Faith & Mustard Seeds.) Other times, I realize that while it was big for me (Does God Get Mad?) maybe it is just where I am in my life journey, and not so wow for everyone else.

Question 2: Are you a doodler? If so, what is the usual doodle-picture that you draw?

For some reason I always doodle a daisy. It's always in the corners of the page. I also color in all the letters with spaces when listening to a lecture with a handout. I doodle big time.

Question 3: So, we met at She Speaks last June and even sat by each other. Tell me your first impression of me, and then I’ll tell you mine of you!

I was already reading your blog when I met you at She Speaks. My very first thought when I saw you was "She's wearing the white pants!" I remember you seemed nervous about meeting with the book publisher the first day when we talked. The next day after you had completed your publisher meetings you seemed much more relaxed and friendly. And I thought you were a snazzy dresser. Since I have a gift for putting my foot in my mouth, I tried to listen more and talk less at She Speaks. (Isn't that ironic, that at She Speaks, Chatty Kelly was trying not to.)

Linda: And my first impression of you was that 1) You were pretty 2) You were quiet 3) You reminded me of a friend back home.

Question 4: What’s on your screen saver?

My screen saver is just the blank black screen. It's peaceful.

Question 5: Salmon or fruit roll ups?

Both! Just not at the same time.

Question 6: Tell us about the book!

"Christmas Miracles" is a compilation book edited by Cecil Murphey (90 Minutes in Heaven) & Marley Gibson. It's being published in Oct 2009 by St Martins Press, and you will find my short story "My Christmas Wish" therein. I am also currently writing two devotional books, but writing and getting published are two different things, so I'll share about those if and when the time is right.

Question 7: Favorite scripture is?

The thing I love about scripture is that it is alive and different verses speak to me at different times in my life. However, the verses in Philippians 4:4-7 seem to speak to the way I want to live my life, always rejoicing in the Lord, and with a heart of thankfulness in all things. "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Linda: Uh, so I guess I should not have been anxious about wearing white pants and meeting the publishers at She Speaks. Oh well.

Thanks, Kelly, and always remember, "Ken Lee, Tu Libu Dibu Douchou."

Everyone: Please go say "Hi!" to Kelly!

25 comments:

Mary Moss said...

I enjoy Kelly's posts too. She's both witty and wise:-)

Nice interview.

Greg C said...

That was a great interview but then Kelly is a great person. I hate to burst your bubble but I visited her before I came here. You are great too.

Chatty Kelly said...

I Ken Lee you! Thanks!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Nice interview from both of y'all. :)

Mel said...

oh a new blogger, woohoooo!!!!

Beverlydru said...

Witty, wise and chatty. She has become a wonderful blog friend. Her devotional posts ARE pretty amazing. Enjoyed this interview.

Pam from alertandorientedx4 said...

I got hooked on Chatty Kelly's blog because of her witty and wise comments. Blogging has opened up a whole new world of friends to me!
Thanks to you and yours!

Susan D said...

I've enjoyed following both of you since I started blogging. You're both funny and thoughtful. Blessings, Susan

Sue J. said...

And how did you get through this interview with either one of you mentioning coffee!? You can't Ken Lee salmon and fruit roll-ups, but coffee is what it's all about.

(And was Linda drinking coffee in those white pants?!)

Thanks for profiling my friend!

Melissa said...

Great interview! Can't wait to visit her site! Have a great weekend!

Susanne said...

And I thought I was the one one who doodled daisies and colored in the letters on bulletins during services. I like her already! Now off to visit her site.

Lois Lane II said...

Okay, I'm loving this interview!! And now I have to go see her blog, lol!

Joy in The Truth said...

Hi, Linda. Love this interview with CK. The thing I love is that her personality comes bubbling through the computer! While I do believe I must have met her at She Speaks, we are getting to know one another in Bloggityville. She is a faithful commenter indeed!

Love your blog. :)

Mocha with Linda said...

Chatty Kelly has become a fun blogging buddy of mine as well over the past months, thanks to meeting her through you.

Great feature!!

Laurie Ann said...

Thanks for the intro and interview. I'll check her out post-haste. Great post!

Edie said...

Kelly is a dear friend and has some great insights. God is using her to touch a lot of people. Great choice for an interview Linda. Have a wonderful weekend!

Jenny said...

Great interview:) I enjoy Kelly's blog, she is full of inspiration at a very real level.

Debbie said...

I don't think I've had the pleasure of meeting Kelly. I will go say hi.

LisaShaw said...

Came over from Kelly. She is a sweet woman. Wonderful interview with the two of you and God bless you.

carol ~ i throw like a girl said...

Yes, I have seen Chatty Kelly around Bloggsville, too. I'll have to be sure to visit her more often. Any one who Ken Lees you too has got to be ok.

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

She also keeps a secret really well!! ;-)

My ADHD Me said...

I just had a HORRIBLE thought!!
When Chatty Kelly becomes a world known, famous Christian writer, I am going to be HER Billy Cater!!
(please don't make me explain...that would make her President Jimmy Carter and me his brother Billy...see... get it... come on ... I know it isn't as funny when you have to explain it...)

The first time I read your blog, Kelly sent me to it. She said you were HILARIOUS and I would totally "get" your humor. She was right.

She and I talk about Ken Lee every now and then. I had actually forgotten what it originated from so I just re-watched it.

I must say..I Ken Lee that clip...AND your blog!

Susan said...

Great job, Linda! I "found" Kelly through YOUR blog and LOVE it!!

:-) Susan

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

I love Chatty Kelly's blog!! And she is a fabulous commentor

lisasmith said...

Ok, I stopped by because I needed a laugh tonight. I watched that video...You never disappoint!!

I'm going to say to Kelly, we just met a few weeks ago. I think all the cool chicks hang together.