I love chickens, especially baby chickens. All of my life I have had a peculiar affinity for the tiny, fuzzy, bony little peepers. So when Easter rolls around, I give in to my inner child and revel in the abundance of chickens in stores, etc.
Many of you do not know that I used to have some "backyard" chickens, even though I live in the city. I simply hid them from public view and enjoyed a summer of sitting in my backyard surrounded by various breeds, including my favorite, the Japanese Silkies, which look like giant babies. They cannot fly and are completely defenseless. They lay the cutest little eggs. I considered my time in the lawn chair amidst the chickens similar to a person being able to be IN the aquarium with fish.
Yep, I'm kissing a chicken.
I wasn't kidding when I said I love them.
So, this week's Random has a couple of chicken-dedicated questions. Other than that ... complete randomness. Because that's the name of the game.
Directions: This is the preview. Copy the code for the Easter button at the right of this page. Copy the questions, formulate answers, come back tomorrow and link your post here. Go visit others. Say nice things. Increase your blog traffic. Make your mom proud.
1. How do you feel about the marshmallow Easter Peeps?
2. Chickens are notoriously nervous creatures. When you are nervous, what is the best way to calm down?
3. People say, "April showers bring May flowers." Do you enjoy Spring rains?
4. When I was randomly flipping through TV channels this week, I saw a show in which tattoo parlor employees received tattoos of a co-worker's face on their bodies. I can't imagine having a portrait of a colleague tattooed on me. But if someone forced you to receive a portrait tattoo (face only) of anyone, who would it be? Why?
5. Would you rather have a tattoo (any kind) or a nose ring?
6. Do you have any special plans for Easter?
7. Cadbury Eggs or Reese Eggs?
8. What was the last thing/person you took a picture of?
9. What book are you reading now, or what was the last one?
10. What do you think is the most difficult task when it comes to Spring cleaning?
11. How many pairs of flip-flops do you own?
12. Which color makes you happiest?
Bonus Joke (not part of the Random): Why did the Easter egg hide?
He was a little chicken!
By the way, just so you know, the meaning of Holy Week and Easter is not lost on me. I believe in the empty tomb. It makes my life worth living.