Saturday, December 04, 2010

Couple of Christmas Fun Pics


You may have heard of Ball canning jars. They come from my hometown, Muncie, IN. The Ball Brothers came here during a gas boom and basically built this city on canning jars and such. So a lot of stuff in Muncie is named after the Ball family, including Ball State University, which you may have heard out of the mouth of David Letterman.

Well, the 5 brothers are no longer with us, and I don't know where the descendants are, but their compound of 5 mansions still exists and is used by the foundation for various events. Last night I went to the Enchanted Luminaria walk, complete with horse-drawn carriages, open fires, music in the air, kettle corn, live drama, photo ops, and touring a couple of the mansions resplendent in Ball fashion of yore. Gorgeous.



And here I am in a gift shop with Gingy. You know I have a thing for gingerbread.


And here are Jorge, my boss Jeff and his wife and I in a photo op thingy. We just happened to run into them there. Love them both, but don't tell Jeffe I said that.



And here I am with the big ol' Oneighty Christmas tree, which I decorated this year. I'm pretty proud because singing, decorating and cooking, typically female gifts, are not so much mine. This one turned out pretty good, I expect, because I didn't have to put it in an oven. Yay me. Anyway, these are just photos of some fun stuff. How is your weekend going?


8 comments:

The Bug said...

Your tree is lovely! We apparently are a lot alike - I'm much more comfortable in an office than in a kitchen. Why, with your english degree (is that right?) & my accounting degree we could go far!

Melanie said...

i helped a friend with her moving sale this morning.
Now I'm eating from a box of Madagascar Vanilla Wafers and thinking how I need to get a run in before it gets dark here.
Cute photos!

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

I didn't know those Ball jars originated in Muncie! Huh. I have several of those old blue ones; I'll think of you every time I see them now. :-) Yay! Merry Christmas, my friend.

Mocha with Linda said...

I wouldn't be so quick to assume not putting the tree in the oven means you're safe. Seems like I remember a certain event where something caught fire at your table. . . ?!

Sounds like you had a Ball last night!

auburnchick said...

Beautiful pictures!

My weekend...oh boy. I started off my Saturday with a four-hour orientation at the local college. I'm returning in January for a six-month, nine-course alternative education certification program. So, I'll be earning 21 credits by the time my first year of teaching is over.

Needles to say, after registering for my first three classes (eight credits), I came home and took a nap. And then I dreamed of the classes.

And then I took my son to play in a local Christmas parade. I walked with the band and had a blast.

Tomorrow will consist of lesson planning and trying to get ahead of next term.

Sigh.

I'm tired.

Erin said...

Love the Christmas tree! It looks great. :)

Ballerina Girl said...

Pretty tree Linda!
I wish that I could join your party, but my tree and ornaments are traversing land and sea to get to me around the beginning of February!~

Merry, Merry!
BG

Erin said...

ha ha ha, I love Gingy!