Thursday, January 06, 2011

Because the Texting, It is Hrd 2 Undrstd

Yes, even the Pope texts. More and more mature folk are texting.


And so it was only a matter of time.... Yes, this came in an email. But it is so good, so good. Creator unknown. Enjoy.

Since more and more Seniors are texting and tweeting there appears to be a need for a STC (Senior Texting Code). If you qualify for senior discounts this is the code for you:

ATD: At The Doctor's
BFF: Best Friend Farted
BTW: Bring The Wheelchair
BYOT: Bring Your Own Teeth
CBM: Covered By Medicare
CGU: Can't get up
CGIP: Can't get IT up
CUATSC: See You At The Senior Center
DWI: Driving While Incontinent
FWB: Friend With Beta Blockers
FWIW: Forgot Where I Was
FYI: Found Your Insulin
GGPBL: Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low!
GHA: Got Heartburn Again
HGBM: Had Good Bowel Movement
IMHO: Is My Hearing-Aid On?
LMDO: Laughing My Dentures Out
LOL: Living On Lipitor
LWO: Lawrence Welk's On
OMMR: On My Massage Recliner
OMSG: Oh My! Sorry, Gas.
PIMP: Pooped in my pants
ROFL... CGU: Rolling On The Floor Laughing... And Can't Get Up
SGGP: Sorry, Gotta Go Poop
TTYL: Talk To You Louder
WAITT: Who Am I Talking To?
WTFA: Wet The Furniture Again
WTP: Where's The Prunes?
WWNO: Walker Wheels Need Oil
GLKI (Gotta Go, Laxative Kicking In)

Of course, here's the other end of the spectrum:



Are you a texter?

14 comments:

Brenda Susan said...

No, Hubs and I are holding fast against texting because our phone plan charges for texts coming and going. So I am not allowed to open a text sent to me!!!
SO HARD! My curiosity often wins.

Heather said...

I text (not so good at the shorthand though). I always assume everyone does. I forget that the rest of society that is our age is being doing other things. My husband works for AT&T so he drags me forward through the technology. I'm not sure how life existed before an iphone was in my pocket.
*Never text and drive*

"Just Me - NC Beth" said...

Just started texting within the last few months...but being the "ole school" person I am, I spell out each word, with the apostrophes, periods, commas, etc....you get it! I text as if I'm typing! 'Sorry...some things just can not change - me!!

~Beth

Cathy said...

Oh my...that's hilarious!

Lelia Chealey said...

FUNNY!! I'm sending this to my Dad. I started out ONLY texting to my kids. Because you know, I didn't want to interrupt their education with a phone call. Now I text anyone. Even Gene texts, which is crazy in itself.

PJ said...

Hubby and I have had a good laugh over this email!! We are oh so new at texting, and oh so afraid of abbreviations. But these??? Funny!!!

Mocha with Linda said...

Oh that is great! I am so sending that to my MIL. She doesn't text but she'll love the senior humor!

I text but it goes against my inner English/grammar nazi to abbreviate anything but LOL. Even then I usually just do :-) because otherwise I have to keep hitting the shift key. Lol doesn't look quite the same! And like NC Beth, I do all the punctuation as well. Old habits die hard!

I have a friend who always starts her reply texts with Ty for Thank you, and until I got used to it, I wonder who the person named Ty was that she was texting!

So are you texting now? Hmmmmm.

Susanne said...

That cracked me right up which is probably not a good thing 'cause it means I could identify and/or understand some of it. LOL. And I actually meant laugh out loud, not living on Lipitor. Yet. :vD

TamTam said...

Love this! Sending it to my brother-in-law.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I do text...but not often. My daughter laughs because I spell out every single word...and work with my tongue out....I am a funny sight....LOL (laugh out loud)

Sheila said...

TOOO Funny
This was hilarious.
I too, am an old schooler and am SCARED to abbreviate anything...
Thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

I'm a texter. I find my boys answer me better when I text. I also do not abbreviate unless I KNOW for sure what I'm saying. Have missed you, Linda!! Hope you're well. :-) Susan

Cae said...

Too funny!!! If only my grandfather knew how to text - - -

I love texting, my boss texts me all the time with things to do, I text my friends all the time, and Mom texts me when I'm hanging out with my friends. It's like I have all of my friends at my fingertips. It is great :)

Brown Shoe said...

Love love love this post. Had a similar experience with my 18 month old grandson. He is better at texting than I!!! :o) This post is a must share! Blessings...Linda J