Sunday, June 19, 2011

I'm a New Member of a Club!

What's up?!

It has been so long since I fired up this little blog that I forgot the user name and password to get in.

Then I had to look around to figure out how to post a new post.

How can something I did nearly daily for 5 years get so blurry so fast? My last post was only February.

In my defense, if you could view my life from my vantage point, you'd see that it is like one of those front loading washers with events swirling and swishing by, eventually circling around to the first event again, making you dizzy.

From March until yesterday, I have carried with me at all times 3 notebooks full of notes; one for my dad's medical notes because he was diagnosed with cancer, one for Kristin's graduation open house, and one for Katie's wedding.

Also, tucked away in Kristin's open house notes were notes for Jordan, who graduated from college.

So, yes, one very ill father, two graduates, one bride, pretty much within a month or two.

Swirl, baby, swirl!

I missed blogging about the details here, which I'm kind of sad about because I would have had "diary" entries of this time in my life to capture for later years, but I was just too busy or too exhausted to blog. Facebook status updates, those little 420 word blog posts, seemed to work fine.

But I have missed hashing out life on here, so I'm attempting a comeback, if you will.

What I want to say today, the day after my daughter's wedding, is that I now feel as if I've been inducted into a special club because this experience has been so rich, so frustrating, so emotional, so exhausting, that it's really difficult to describe unless you've survived it. Just like the former United States Presidents' Club, you can't know what it's like until you've held this office.

From now on, when a mom tells me, "My daughter's getting married," I will immediately empathize with her and join her "team." I know what lies ahead of her, and I will be there in person or on line with support--because the hazing for this exclusive club is rough! One moment you're happy, the next you're melancholy, the next you're frustrated, then overwhelmed, then just plain fried.

Nevertheless, yesterday proved joyful, meaningful and happy beyond words. Sometimes, you're so happy that something is over and yet so happy that something is beginning, all you can do is dance!



28 comments:

Susanne said...

I thought of you all day yesterday, knowing it was the big day.

I've missed your posts ad stories and am glad you're making a "comeback"! Hope you'll be posting pics of all the big events.

So sorry about your sweet Dad's health. I will certainly lift him before the Lord in my prayers.

Mrs A said...

ah my heart is with you as you deal with your father, congrats on your girls!!

glad to see you back :)

The Bug said...

Welcome back! I never really thought that facebook statuses were enjoy to encompass all of your hilarious wisdom :)

Crazy Me said...

I have missed your posts so much!! Glad your back but hate the heartache and tough time your going through right now. I can't wait to see pictures of your girl on her special day!

Joanna said...

Congrats for surviving! Now get to work at blogging, I've missed you. ;)

BARBIE said...

Welcome back! You've certainly had much on your plate! But all wonderful things.

Carol Fleisher said...

I've missed your stories. I'm glad you are coming back. Prayers for your father and congratulations for your girls.

bensrib said...

Welcome to the club! And welcome back!

Julie said...

A new inductee in the club... YAY.... It is all those things you have described.... marrying a daughter off. I hear ya, and feel ya. Once we finished our daughters I felt the same way.... I wanted to help everyone I could who was in the throes of marrying their daughter off..

I'm SO sorry to hear about your dad... I've been there too, yet not cancer, lung disease... That was a couple of years back.

I'm glad to see you back on here. I have always loved your blog!

Hope you're able to rest up....

Merrie said...

Welcome back, beautiful! In your pictures you look beautiful and just glow!
Welcome to the "club".
So thankful you are back to the blog world. You have been greatly missed!
I look forward to reading about your life again.

Barbara said...

Welcome back! And welcome to "The Club" - the club of married daughters! I missed you during your absence and was worried about what was going on in your life but kept hoping you'd be back. After reading about all your life events, boy, I sure understand your need for a break!!

So welcome back, Lynda. God bless.

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

I have totally missed reading your words. I have been a little worried about you :) but figured life had just upped the ante a bit.

Congratulations on surviving so many big moments. Looking forward to seeing and reading more!

sara said...

so glad to see you are back!!!

And very happy to hear that the wedding was wonderful!!! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Mocha with Linda said...

Oh I love seeing a blog post! And a picture of you and Jorge! You look radiant! Y'all are the bride and groom, right?!

I'll be calling you for help when it's my girl's turn (which hopefully will be YEARS AND YEARS from now!!

Hugs!

RissaRoo said...

So glad to see you back here again! You were missed, but oh do I understand the swirling! My blog has been in a similar state, it is very encouraging to see you making a comeback. Prayers for your father, and congrats to your family on your children's milestone Summer. What a whirlwind!

Melanie said...

Glad you're back here.

auburnchick said...

Wow! Reading your post made me exhausted, and I just woke up two hours ago (think...teacher + summer = lazy days).

Congratulations on the wedding and graduation.

I will say some prayers for your father.

Hugs to you. I am so glad you have reentered the blog world.

Sheila said...

Missed you. SOOOO glad you ar back.
Love visiting your blog.
Are there wedding pictures to come?

Joyce said...

Its nice to 'see' you here...so glad the day was full of joy!

LynnMarie said...

Welcome to the club. I'be been both the mother of the Bride and Mother of the Groom. Your hair looks amazing! you will have to show us all how you fix it. I'm looking for a new hair style.
Looking forwarded to hearing about the wedding and seeing photos.
Glad you have you back blogging, you have been missed.

Jeanie said...

So happy that you're back. I'm sorry to hear about your dad and all the busyness and hope you're settled down a bit and continue blogging.

Pamela said...

Glad you are back to blogging. You have been missed...but I totally get the no time, emotional highs and lows, and exhaustion thing.

lailani said...

Wow! You have been busy. A song for what you have BEEN through:
http://youtu.be/w44TmC9KsZk

Someone said recently, sometimes there are spots in life you just live and take in. Sounds like you were there! Glad to see your post: Congratulations on the graduates and bride and may this road for your father lead to another healthy time in his life.

Amy said...

Welcome back, and you look way to young to have just married your daughter off. Wow, what a great picture. I have a daughter (only 10)so I can only imagine...someday.

Jackie@Our Moments, Our Memories said...

Missed you - been wondering a lot about you! Glad to see you posting two days in a row - yay!

Thena said...

I know the feeling, my oldest daughter got married four years ago. All the stress and frustration is so worth it to see them on their special day. But my advice since then to anyone getting married slow down and take it all in and enjoy it.

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

It will be a few years yet for me before I join the club...my son has wedding plans but being the mother of the groom is easy, I just have to shut up and show up!

Glad you are back with us, you were missed!

Blessings
R

Roxanne said...

THERE you are. :) So glad the wedding was a success and that you survived THREE milestones and one horrible illness with enough brain cells in tact to come back here and make our day!!!! Congratulations, and prayers for your Dad.