Sunday, October 16, 2011

Gettin' Crafty

It's Staple Gun Inauguration Day! Purchased with some of my birthday money, this little baby will take me far and keep me from asking the church custodians if I can borrow theirs overnight. You can see how happy I am to show this off because I am totally focused on the gun and I don't give a flying fig about the hair in this pic. Obviously. In fact, I'd say I look a little drunk with staple gun happiness here.











Here's what the back of the Hobby Lobby canvases look like. I had spring/summer prints up before, as you can see in this lively floral pattern.

It takes 5/8 of one yard of fabric to do two of these canvases. You just start stapling. The toughest part is negotiating corners--just like learning to drive. Well, at least you don't have to parallel park these.














So I just push the corner in, then overlap each side, staple all together.































And voila! Don't you love to say "voila!"? I don't have that many opportunities to say that. So, you know, this IS a special day. Now what do you think I should do around it? My walls are so bare, and I do love metal artwork ....

12 comments:

Wendy said...

Very cute! I do like voila, but hate when people write viola instead!

Mocha with Linda said...

Fun! You are so artistic! It would never occur to me to do the cool things you do. I am so craftily challenged. Give me a spreadsheet or something to alphabetize any day!

And at least you can spell voila! I always laugh* when people spell it viola! I always want to send them a picture of my girl's stringed instrument! :-)

*not in a mean way!

Becky said...

Well, look at you Mrs. Craftypants! What a fun idea. Now I just have to find a blank wall.

LynnMarie said...

How nice-great job!

Melanie said...

I like this idea a lot. Do you have your own toolbox? I always wanted my own.

Joyce said...

I do love to staple. And say voila. Enjoy your new toy. I mean tool : )

Blackberry brambles said...

What a great idea, I think I will try this. Have a great night.

Susanne said...

Now aren't you creative!

Pam from alertandorientedx4 said...

Prettiful!!!! I have a friend who does something kind of similar...but she uses wallpaper (the textured kind) and pizza boxes (new ones)...FUN!!!

themaladroitwife said...

Cute! I love the mix of patterns within the repetitive shape!

Cindy Swanson said...

I LOVE it! It makes me want to do this, and I'm really not that crafty.

Oh, and what about when people skip the v altogether and say "wah-lah!" Yep, I've seen variations on that, more than once.

Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life

Isunji Cardoso said...

At the risk of dating myself... NEAT-O!!! :o)