Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas Carol Game


How to play: Each phrase is a cryptic description of a commonly known carol, using alternate, often grandiose, words. (Even "grandiose" sounds grandiose, doesn't it?)

Example: "Personal December Desire for Double Central Incisors"
"All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth"

1. Approach, Everyone Who is Steadfast

2. Ecstasy Toward the Orb

3. Hush, the Foretelling Beings Harmonize

4. Quiescent Nocturnal Period after Daytime

5. The Primary Nativity

6. Smack the Corridors with Your Fists

7. I Descried My Maternal Parental Unit Osculating with a Corpulent, Unshaven Male in Crimson.

8. The Thing Manifested Itself at 12 Onset of a Transparent Day

9. Valentino, the Roseate Proboscises Wapiti

10. Argentous Chimes

11. Proceed and Expound from the Lofty Location

12. Pledge to Make a Domestic December Appearance

BONUS: If you get this one, you're the all-time undisputed Regent of Caroldom:

*The Tatterdemalion Ebony Atmosphere*

5 comments:

Deven said...

Rats. Got stuck on the bonus. :( You need to reveal the answer or I will become certifiably insane.

D.S. Lear said...

1. O Come All Ye Faithful
2. Joy to the World
3. Hark, the Herald Angel Sing
4. Silent Night
5. The First Noel
6. Deck the Halls
7. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
8. It Came Upon the Midnight Clear
9. Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer
10. Silver Bells
11. Go Tell It on the Mountain
12. I'll Be Home for Christmas


O Holy Night

Linda said...

Deven, see DSLear's response above! She's right! I admit that one stumped me, too. How about one more?

TOCSIN LAND CHUNK

D.S. Lear said...

Jingle Bell Rock
Now you
Creator cool it, you jolly male homosapiens?

Carol said...

d.s., God rest ye merry gentlemen, right?

And I got all of yours, Linda. I love carol games!