Friday, January 26, 2007


Today's Friday's Feast poses these prompts:

Appetizer: If you could take lessons on any musical instrument, which one would it be?

Every Christmas, I wish I could play the harp. But how would I transport that thing in my Camaro to all of my gigs?

Soup: Have you ever mistaken a person for someone else?

Yes. That middle aged lady in the mirror for me. Ha. Yes, I have, but I just don't say the person's name out loud until I'm absolutely sure it's Dr. Phil.

Salad: On a scale from 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest, how well do you keep secrets?

Yikes. I guess 8 or 9. But I promise I have never told anyone about the extra napkins or the Post-It notes that you took.

Main Course: What's the closest you've been to a dangerous animal?

Face to face, I'd have to say a rooster whose wings I'd just clipped one summer day. Also, a fox was sleeping in our backyard this summer. Foxes are probably more dangerous to chickens than humans, but he made me have goosebumps. Too much Beatrix Potter influence, I guess. And last summer, a raccoon was habitually sitting on our windowsill looking at us watching TV and eating. We did not invite him in. Oh, and one time a cat ran in an open front door.

Behind bars, I'd have to say the polar bears at the Indianpolis Zoo. I HATE polar bears. They are not cute; they are eating machines. Our oldest was about 3 when we took her to see them. She was standing up close to the glass, and the zookeeper person asked all the little kids to back up because the bears might ram into the glass and break it because they think the kids are food. Can I tell you my knees went weak and I almost threw up? Ever since then, I hate them. I wish they were extinct. Harsh, I know, but give me a cranky rooster over a child-eating polar bear any day. End of story.


Dessert: When was the last time you lost your patience?

When a person sped through the four-way stop at my corner to make sure he got by me before I could back out of my driveway. Gets me every time. I hope that when that person dies and goes to heaven, he has to wait in an eternally long line before he gets to the gates. And then right when he gets there, I'm gonna back right up in front of him and sit there in my sparkling white Camaro.

4 comments:

Susanne said...

LOL to the middle aged lady in the mirror! I shouldn't laugh too loud 'cause I'm right there with ya.

Linda said...

sorry to burst your snowman bubble. I meant to say that the end that I did not write this story, but I forgot, so there's my confession.

Melanie said...

... with your harp.

Zim said...

My favorite was the dessert!! I laughed so hard about the man waiting in an eternally long line.....