Saturday, February 24, 2007

Promeranians

Looky! It's my first Mr. Linky at the bottom of the post! Please link with your prom pics/stories!


Since some of us are on a nostalgic prom kick right now, you've gotta read We Were Hip to Be Square at This Ain't New York, where Miss Melanie recounts buying her crimson prom dress from The Bridal Barn. The story involves blood, bows and geese in a story that only Melanie can reconstruct (deconstruct?). Finally, check out It Was THAT Kind of Night ... Twice at It Be's That Way Sometimes, where Roxanne gives us two great stories for the price of one. These people should be writing scripts. Not that I'm jealous of their GREAT writing skills or anything.

I say we should have a prom-o-rama of entertaining memories, complete with un-retouched photos from our very own proms!

PS: Just for inspiration, I've included this pic of 80's "Promeranians." What IS that boy wearing on his legs and feet?

9 comments:

Barbara H. said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! You ought to put up a Mr. Linky and everything!

Our Christian school had Spring Banquets rather than proms. I'll put mine up in just a minute here.

Roxanne said...

Have mercy. . .all that pink and purple is just luscious. . .and I'm not sure WHAT he has on his feet, but her ankle boots are so rad. :)

Susan said...

The picture isn't coming up for me! I'll have to see if I can post mine sometime here...it's pretty BAD!!

Have a GREAT week.

Blessings.

:-) Susan

Big Mama said...

If I can find a picture, I may post it. However, I am a little concerned that my hair may not fit on the page.

Barbara H. said...

I'm glad you figured out Mr. Linky, cause I had no idea. :D The free version of WordPress that I have won't support it.

Thanks for the complement on my picture. :) You asked the year -- it was 1975.

Susanne said...

Promeranians, that is too funny!

I don't know if I can locate a pic. It wasn't a real great memory for me. And unlike Big Mama my hair would fit on the page but my eyeglasses probably wouldn't.

Carol said...

You were promming in the 80's?!? You're way young.

I'm so old, my prom dress had a bustle.

Linda said...

Well, I prommed '79, '80, and '81. So I didn't have Texan prom hair, but I had bad dresses and dates. Not a good memory for me, all three years. Except--looking at the pictures now makes me laugh. Now let's see your prom pics!

Melanie said...

Sorry to post so late. We have been out of town. I am glad the Promerians are back! Thanks for the Mr. Linky!