Thursday, April 12, 2007

He Will Survive (Apologies to Gloria Gaynor)

At first we were afraid;
We were mortified.
Kept thinking he could never make it--
Despite how hard he tried.

But then we spent so many nights
Seeing how we were dead-wrong,
And he grew strong
Because his hair is way-cool long!

And so he’s back--
Way out of place.
We all tune in to find him there
With that big grin upon his face.
They gave him every style to sing
To prove he could not stay on key;
They didn’t know his magic hold
On girls from ten to twenty-three.

The judges know
That this means war.
What is that sound now?
The votes demand one more “encore!”
Wasn’t he the one who made us ask each other “why?”
You’d think he’d crumble,
But he just makes big flirty eyes!
No, not that guy--
No, not Sanjay-a

Oh as long as he can mug and smile
He knows he’ll stay alive.
He’s got so much more to sing,
Much more talent he must bring,
But he’ll survive,
He will survive,
Hey, Hey.

17 comments:

Connie Barris said...

Brings a whole new meaning to the Bee Gee's song, "Stayin Alive, Stayin Alive.. uh uh uh uh Stayin alive...." ok here is where your imagination kicks in as I'm hitting the high note....glasses are breaking, the dog is hawlin'
my cat runs for cover...

Another week....

Connie

amanda said...

you. are. so. funny.

Amy said...

My husband is so gonna love this. Hey, at least my husband can sing on key. I just wish they had American Idol for 40 year olds!

Susanne said...

ROFL! You are good! Veeery good! You should be in the contest they are having to write the final song!

MonkeyKisses - Liz said...

hilarious.. thank you for making my day!!!

Sharon said...

HA! This is great! Once again you crack me up!

Or in the words of Kris Kristofferson (sorta):

Why him Lord, what has he ever done, to deserve even one of the pleasures he known? What did he ever do that was worth stayin on? Lord help us Jesus, he's wasted it so Help us Jesus we know what he is but now that we know that he's wasted it so, help us Jesus his votes are in your hands.

oops! did I say that? LOL

Deena said...

Oh. My. Word. To quote The Partridge Family..."I think I love you!" That was Hah-la-Ri-ous!! With a capital "HAH"!

P.S. He's going to win by the way. I mean, in a world where Danny Bonaduce's divorce makes headline news...c'mon!!

Susan said...

Oh I see your caffeine is STILL working...SO CLEVER!!! I picture myself standing in front of my mirror with a hairbrush singing this one!

:-) Susan

Connie Barris said...

PS.... Maybe next year, you can go on American Idol and write the songs for the contestants...

hey...why not.....

You rock...

Linda said...

You guys are nuts. Not me!

Nise' said...

I am laughing so hard, I can hardly type. I have to send this to my daughter, last night she called me after work to see who got the boot and when I told her, she said, "I am so over AI"!

Sandy said...

Send this in to AI, girl! Win the big bucks!
I'm laughing my head off ...

Big Mama said...

Classic. Absolutely classic.

Cindy said...

Brilliant!!!!!

Lynn Donovan said...

Linda,

My daughter and I are sitting here reading this and laughing our heads off... You are TOO FUNNY!

WELL DONE MY SISTER, WELL DONE! We love you, Lynn and Caitie

cajunquilter said...

Oh this had hubby and I both laughing out loud. Thanks for the much needed laugh.

amy said...

Oh this made me laugh..thanks for the morning smile today