Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Party's Over


As a blogger who has relied way too much on this kid for inspiration, I add my plaintive "Whhyyyy?" to Sanjaya's fanbase at the left.

Although he gave us "somethin' to talk about," namely strange hair-do's and the wonderment of how he stayed alive week after week, that was the song that pushed the voters of the edge, like a mother finally admitting to the school principal that her kid did something wrong. It was tough, but the voters finally "kept it real, dawg."

I predict Sanjaya will lie low for a while, then agents will get him spots in hair product commercials, food commercials, sitcoms, etc. As I posted before, I just hope he doesn't run to the other end of the nice-guy, cute-kid spectrum and end up with his clothes off somewhere proving he's all "grown-up," like Daniel Radcliffe. Let's pray that he doesn't. Seventeen year-olds can seem savvy and pretty sophisticated, but they are still kids, and they often fall prey to smooth-talkers, like Eve did to that snake in the garden.

I think the show will lack something now, will be a little more boring. As entertaining as the singers are, we know the weekly routine, and that gets a little monotonous. Maybe Blake will smash his hair down for once, and Jordin will hit a sour note ... Naaah!

On a final "note," about Sanjaya, I agree with Simon who once said to him, "I don’t think it matters anymore what we say. I genuinely don’t. You’re in your own universe and if people like you, then good luck.”


Good luck, Sanjaya! Thanks for the fun!

8 comments:

Susan said...

I agree with you that he'll get calls from somewhere. I'm picturing Teen Nick calling him. He really was a good sport, but enough is enough.

I, for one, was glad...NOW it's a singing competition.

:-) Susan

Connie Barris said...

I agree... totally..

as bad as it was and as glad as I was, I had a twinge of sadness...
and I do wish him luck.... as well pray that he doesn't fall into something bigger than he can handle.

Thanks to you Linda for the entertainment....

Now onto real singing as Susan said.

Have a supernatural day

Susanne said...

I say Good Luck to him too! And I'm with you hoping he doesn't try to prove he's "grown up". I hope he keeps that big smile in face of adversity and that "niceness" that all the other singers loved about him. I will miss seeing what he came up with next.

I'll also miss your weekly posts Linda about him Linda. I couldn't turn the computer on fast enough on Thursday mornings to see what you came up with next. :vD

Tammy said...

Linda...I was just reading the news in my mom's e-mail. I just knew I'd have to hear Linda's commentary on it all...So I guess even though I don't watch the show, I'm hooked on the commentary! :)

Cindy said...

I linked you again today! I love your "Idol" observations. I'm really not going to miss Sanjaya, especially because he was forcing much better singers out. But I guess he was entertaining!

Linda said...

I just want you all to know that my college daughter, who rarely emails or calls, called to offer condolences to me today. She knows me oh so well.

Lynn Donovan said...

Linda,

I haven't even watched it yet. TIVO awaits but I just couldn't resist popping over for your hilarious words. Gonna' miss this guy just because you were fantastic entertainment!!!!!

Have a great day. Love, Lynn

JennaG said...

I've never watched this show and even I'm glad he's gone!