Friday, August 03, 2007

Friday's Feast

Appetizer
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how polite are you?

I think 9 or 10. I am esp. conscious of being polite to the elderly.

Soup
What was the last thing that made you laugh out loud?

The over-acting and over-reacting on TiVo'd episodes of "Murder, She Wrote." I am into this show because of nostalgia and because of less sex and violence than today's junk, but Angela Lansbury is the queen of the exaggerated reaction shot. Here is JB Fletcher being disappointed in someone gone wrong. It must've been in her contract to get a certain number of close-up reaction shots in each episode. Cracks me up.

Salad
Who is your favorite cartoon character?

The Peanuts Gang. But don't tell my good friend who works for Garfield the Cat. (Hi, M! Love that Odie!)

Main Course
Tell about the funniest teacher you ever had.

Intentionally funny or unintentionally? I had several college profs who were unintentionally funny, and some who thought they were intentionally funny but weren't.

Dessert
Complete this sentence: I strongly believe that ______________________.

Ironic as it is, I strongly believe that the only hope for world peace was born in the Middle East.

15 comments:

Hootin'Anni said...

Your dessert is great! Wow...I'm awestruck.

Happy feasting.

Laura Williams said...

Fabulous Feast!! LOL about the professors. I had a few like that in college too.

Come on by, my feast is sitting on the table waiting for guests to arrive.

http://laurawilliamsmusings.blogspot.com/2007/08/friday-feast-154.html

tegdirb92 said...

you have a wonderful feast this week!! Great answers.

Chrissy said...

I love Murder She Wrote. Happy Friday!!!

samurai said...

An excellent feast and Thursday 13!

Especially the TT... :)

Miss Paula said...

Great feast and yummy dessert.

Kim said...

Wonderful!!!! I loved reading your Friday Feast!!

Susan said...

Love it and your Dessert is so true.

By the way, enjoyed reading the vacation post below too.

Hope you have a great weekend.

:-) Susan

Kim said...

Love me the Peanuts Gang! My son loves them now too. There was one week that he couldn't seen enough of their videos.

Great feast!

Mine is up...come on over.

Barbara H. said...

Somehow I never got into Murder, She Wrote. I ought to try and catch it some time. Love the Peanuts gang, too, and that was a unique way of answering the dessert -- and I agree!

Melanie said...

Amen to the dessert!

I Was Born2Cree8 said...

An interesting feast! I disagree with your desert and believe that each and every one of us can and do contribute to world peace or the lack of it. This is a very well prepared feast that I enjoyed reading.

You are invited to the table of my feast.

Reba said...

A woofnderful feast. Arf! I like the dawg on Peanuts.

Come eat at my feast too, please.

Linda said...

I was born to cree8: Oh we're not devoid of responsibility and compassion. It's just hard for most to gin up and sustain a lifetime of peacemaking, unless he/she has a major overhaul of the spiritual kind! Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

I loved joining Jessica at her kitchen table! In fact I loved the scenery as well as the kitchen. I also have an old video of how she stay/stayed trim, etc. Guess I'm a fan too!