Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday: How to Get Rid of Ants



No, not "The" Red Hot Chili Peppers. I mean just plain old ground chili pepper. We had an infestation of tiny ants in our hallowed cereal cabinet which caused biblical levels of emotional trauma in this cereal-lovin', cereal-dependent house. I battled them for a while, but then I poured chili pepper around the perimeter of the cabinet, and the accursed infidels embarked on a biblically dramatic exodus. But back to the photo, wouldn't you run away if you got into someone's cabinet and these guys were in there?

Visit WFMW

8 comments:

Melanie said...

You can also spray them with Windex for a quick death. The ammonia also disrupts the morse code they send their friends.

Michelle said...

I hope it works on red ants. I have some behind this very desk that are more stubborn than I am!

Jen said...

That is good info to have. We had ants at our old house..none here yet..but if we do ..I have your tip..thanks.

Lana G! said...

LOL! Will have to try this!

tickledpink.nicole said...

Great suggestion. I love the pic!

samurai said...

Does Chili Pepper work on mice too?

Shonda said...

I think chili pepper works for digging dogs too!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting the other day. I want to answer your question but did not find an email in your profile. Then the days kept passing by.

Please send an email to me (see my profile) and I'll be glad to respond to you.

Blessings in Christ--

Ann said...

Cute comparison, the ants and the Exodus!

Chili pepper sounds like a pretty good idea. I'll have to try that next time. We had ants at our previous house. They literally came out of nowhere quite suddenly. Ethan had dropped chips on the floor and by that afternoon the ants were all over.