Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday: What To Do With Leftover Christmas M & Ms

In the words of Ray Charles, "I can't stop loving you;
I've made up my mind
To live in memory of the lonesome times.
I can't stop wanting you
It's useless to say;
So I'll just live my life in dreams of yesterday.
Those happy hours that we once knew
Tho' long ago, they still make me blue ... and red and green."

Are you like me ... do you have tons of these beautiful left over red and green M & M's? Are you desperately trying to find a use and a place for them besides making you deliriously happy by melting in your mouth and not in your hands? I have an idea.

Separate them. I'm not kidding. Red is for Valentine's Day; Green is for St. Patrick's Day. Think of all the pretty cupcakes, Rice Krispie Treats and cookies you could make with them, when you woudn't ordinarily buy just red or just green.

So "Ta" and "Da".

I'm seriously thinking of sending this tip to Martha; she's kind of slowing down and slacking lately. Unlike Shannon, who hosts the ever-popular Works for Me Wednesday. Thanks, Shannon.













PS: Click on over to Internet Cafe today to check this out:







25 comments:

The Preacher's Wife said...

Have I told you lately you are brilliant? :))

Lisa

Linda said...

Oh, you know, (head down, kicking up dust with toe) shucks, once or twice, maybe. Perhaps you should reserve judgment until a later date to see if I can do what you have asked of me. :)

Melanie said...

And, you can hit Target and buy them at 90% off (soon, I hope) and have even more.

My mother-in-law shared this tip with me a while back. Trouble is, I never have any left over. I eat them. All.

sigh

annie said...

Brilliant and funny! I love your idea, being a bit of an m&m fan myself. One of my favorite movie quirky facts is from "As Good as It Gets," when they show Jack Nicholson's OCD charater's apartment and he has pharmaceutical jars at the top of his shelves with m & ms all sorted by color. Only another OCD would appreciate such perfection! Thanks for the smiles. Happy New Year! annie

annie said...

AND I can't wait for the new venture of devotionals at Internet cafe. I am posting a link on my blog tonight.

Laura said...

This is organization to the max. Wow! :)

Phyllis Sommer said...

excellent tip. i'm headed to target to take advantage of the huge sales right now!!!!

Ornery's Wife said...

Seriously? You have LEFTOVER M&M's???
TM

jennwa said...

That is a terrific idea. Thanks.I too am on my way to Target.

Susanne said...

Aren't you a smart cookie! Unfortunately I didn't buy one single bag this year. I'll have to look for them on clearance somewhere.

oh amanda said...

That IS a good idea!

Kelly @ Love Well said...

I'm ... speechless. (And that doesn't happen often.) That's brilliant!

Debbie said...

Hey, I've done that - sort of. A few years back I even bought extra bags after Christmas and sorted them for May graduations. Daughter was graduating from college (red & white for BSU) and son from high school (green & white for YHS). I also bought plain red and plain green plates, napkins and cups on clearance.

Sandy said...

Martha is slacking - your posts always bring a smaile to my face!
Happy New Year Linda!
Sandy

marina said...

Linda and Lisa, you are to silly LOL!! God put you together How greate is that!!I can hardly wait to see what happens at the cafe!!
you girls are bless!!marina

Linda said...

Melanie, your mother-in-law is a show-off. Let her get her own WFMW, all right???

samurai said...

No, we do not have any leftover M&M's. ;-)

AutumnFawn said...

Wow, I am surprised you have the will power to look at them and not eat them!!! Nope, no leftovers here,and there is no way they would last until Feb. or March!!:)

Kelly said...

Fun idea!

Rebecca said...

That's a good idea. But I'm one of the odd ducks who wait until AFTER Christmas to start eating these. (How weird is THAT?!)

Lysa TerKeurst said...

Okay- you are just too clever, clever, clever!
Thanks for the fab tip~ and for your very kind comment on my blog.

Jen said...

That is brilliant ....seriously....my kids will love this when we make cookies or cupcakes.....

Mel's World said...

Can I just tell you what a GREAT idea that is?!?!?!?

We don't have any leftover Red and Green M&M's...but if we did I would certainly separate them!!!

Happy New Year!
Melissa

Family O'Foxes said...

very clever!
~Amy

Suzio said...

You always make me giggle, who has left over M&M's not me.