13 Reasons to Watch American Idol
1. Because what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
2. Because it's the show that proves your mother isn't always right. Especially if she says, "Why, honey, you can too sing!"
3. In the tradition of Bogie and Bacall, Tracy and Hepburn, and Bonnie and Clyde: the sexual tension between Cowell and Abdul. Creepy, but riveting.
4. Because a person just can't hear Randy say "Dawg" too many times in a span of 60 minutes ... or seven years. He just never says it the same way twice.
5. Psychology students can count watching as a "clinical."
6. To see great talents like Kelly, Clay, Carrie and William Hung emerge.
7. To see how much taller Ryan has grown over summer break.
8. Blake-N-Bake, Baby
9. To see Ryan sass Simon.
10. Because when you call in or text your vote, you've done your patriotic civic duty. No need to vote in any other elections.
11. Because she might return.
12. Because Melinda Doolittle was worth the agony of it all!
13. Because a thing of beauty is a joy forever.