Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Thursday Thirteen: American Idol

13 Reasons to Watch American Idol


1. Because what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

2. Because it's the show that proves your mother isn't always right. Especially if she says, "Why, honey, you can too sing!"

3. In the tradition of Bogie and Bacall, Tracy and Hepburn, and Bonnie and Clyde: the sexual tension between Cowell and Abdul. Creepy, but riveting.

4. Because a person just can't hear Randy say "Dawg" too many times in a span of 60 minutes ... or seven years. He just never says it the same way twice.

5. Psychology students can count watching as a "clinical."

6. To see great talents like Kelly, Clay, Carrie and William Hung emerge.

7. To see how much taller Ryan has grown over summer break.

8. Blake-N-Bake, Baby







9. To see Ryan sass Simon.

10. Because when you call in or text your vote, you've done your patriotic civic duty. No need to vote in any other elections.


11. Because she might return.




















12. Because Melinda Doolittle was worth the agony of it all!

13. Because a thing of beauty is a joy forever.

18 comments:

Dane Bramage said...

Okay then. I'll get TiVo right on it.

My Thursday 13 #63 is up early. It is 13 Celebrity Births in 2007 kind of the opposite of last week's post. Stop by if you ge a chance.

Ann said...

#4 YES!

damozel said...

The best thing about the show---the two episodes I've seen---was the tension between Seacrest and Cowell (whom I quite like). Abdul just seem a bit...disarranged.

It's basically a karaoke contest, isn't it? I prefer mine live, with low stakes and much worse singers!

VERY FUNNY T-13!

13 Unresolved Issues from 2007

mom huebert said...

That's funny!

Nadiah Alwi said...

My only reason is to see Simon! :D

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Simon...I gotta admit it ;D

Susanne said...

LOL! There had to be a way to sneak Sanjaya in there one more time!

Zenmomma said...

So fun! My daughter and I love to watch the very early American Idol auditions. We're evil that way. Once it's mostly talented people singing, we get disinterested.

Nicholas said...

I've never ever seen it! Am I unfulfilled?

Lysa TerKeurst said...

Your post today- too funny!

And I just gave you and your fab, fab, fab M&M idea a little shout out on Rocks comments for today.

I simply loved your idea!!!

Jen said...

Too funny. I sat it up last night to record the whole season...we are huge fans.

Cyndy said...

Okay, I can't say I'm a fan. I'm like zenmomma, there is something fascinating about people who can't sing their way out of a bucket going on national television and proving it. After their gone I could care less. Thanks for the giggle!

Fresh Girl said...

That list could ALMOST get me to watch the upcoming season. Almost... ;)

Suzio said...

I miss William Hung! LOL

MondaythroughSunday said...

Counting down..bring it on!! Great list!

Lisa said...

Ok, I don't know if I can make it through another season. The only 2reasons I survived last season was #1 Jordin is a student where I work and #2 to see how long Sangya survived.

Rebecca said...

That's AWESOME! :)

Susan said...

I'm so so excited that it's IDOL time again! Fun, fun, fun!

:-) Susan

Mel's World with Melissa Mashburn said...

Love it and couldn't ever dream of missing a single show...