Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Readers: You are TAGGED! "A Whisper of Freedom" Blog Tour and Meme With a Prize!

Welcome to the blog tour and meme for A Whisper of Freedom—not your average book blog tour!

Why is this tour special? Three brave "players" will be selected at random to win their own lost gold (gourmet chocolate coins and all three books in the Chronicles of the Spanish Civil War series). To enter, all you have to do is answer the meme on your blog and then leave a comment on Tricia’s blog tour post.

During the tour, you can enter to win one of FIVE signed copies of A Whisper of Freedom by signing up for Tricia's newsletter here.

But before you read anything about the story or an excerpt, I want you to look at this beautiful trailer for the book!

A Whisper of Freedom is the third novel in Tricia Goyer’s Chronicles of the Spanish Civil War series. In case you’re like me and know nothing about this war that lasted from 1936-1939, here’s the summation in one sentence: A rebel faction, the Nationalists, overthrew the established Republic government, which was sympathetic to Communism; thus, the Nationalists established Francisco Franco's dictatorship which lasted most of his life.

OK, that's out of the way.

Now about the trilogy: Through a series of events and choices, Sophie, an American artist, is trapped in the Spanish Civil War. Michael is the man she intended to marry and the reason she went to Spain, but that is in the past. Sophie has taken something valuable of Michael's, and he will get it back no matter what it takes.

About A Whisper of Freedom: Battles heat up…not only those being waged by the soldiers on both sides fighting for Spain, but in the hearts and minds of the men and women who must sacrifice more than their dreams to save the lives of their loved ones.

In this meticulously researched novel, brave and idealistic American artist Sophie, Philip, Jose, and Deion realize their only hope for freedom is escaping Spain’s borders.

By continuing the story of this band of volunteers during the Spanish Civil War, A Whisper of Freedom proves that there are whispers of hope and liberty that resonate through even the darkest night.

Read an excerpt here!

About the author: Tricia Goyer is the author of twelve books and the recipient of the Historical Novel of the Year in 2005 and 2006 from ACFW, and was honored with the Writer of the Year award from Mt. Hermon Writer’s Conference in 2003. She also writes nonfiction articles for magazines and is a regular speaker at conferences. Read more about her at her website.

Meme questions-Remember: Leave a comment here telling us that you played, answer the questions on your blog, and leave a comment at Tricia's post about your meme post. fun!

1. List three things you would do with a chest full of gold (assuming you got to keep it!)

I would tithe, pay for my kids’ college tuition, give money to dig wells for fresh water in Third World countries. No mother should have to offer her child a cup full of mud-water. I have some selfish desires, too, but I’m only allowed three choices here!

2. List three charities/missions/organizations you support (and why).

My church, World Vision, Water for Life, Terri Schiavo Foundation

3. List three ways you have volunteered your time/services.

Volunteering is not my strong suit because volunteering involves putting other people before yourself, and I am "thoughtfulness-challenged." But here's what I've done: Nursing home visitations, where I actually took in my pet chickens, church outreaches of various sorts, Oneighty Youth Ministry

4. List three things you keep "hidden" when company comes over.
Oh, why limit it to three when there are so many to choose from? Shoe closets, my dog’s pee pad, the garage, 7/8 of my entire house and the silverware drawer. Do not attempt to retrieve a teaspoon from my drawer to stir your coffee. I will be on you like white on rice--it's just too messy!

5. List the last three things you've lost.

Keys, purse, library card. I only lose these briefly, but I pretty much lose them daily.

6. List the last three things you've found.

A dollar in the dryer, Sam's Choice Cajun Trailmix, some sweet deals at Target.

OK, I'm specifically calling out Linda at Mocha with Linda and Jodi at Moody Blue and Marina at Daughter of the King, but remember--everyone can play ... you might win "the gold!"
*PS: Don't forget to let everyone know in my comments that you are doing the meme, leave a comment on Tricia’s blog tour post--and good luck!

10 comments:

gcrow said...

great post

Pam said...

I did it! AND I even put a link in to YOUR post...yee haw! I are gettin gud at this here 'puter stuff!

(http://alertandorientedx4.blogspot.com/)

Mocha with Linda said...

I'm playing! It'll probably be tonight before I get it up though. . . It's been a busy day!

marina said...

ok,linda I did it!! all I need is to lick your blog,marina

Mocha with Linda said...

Fun & done!

marina said...

Ge's after reading mocha with lindaI hope I did my meme right?HMMM, I tried,marina

Ann said...

That's a fun meme! I giggled at "my dog's pee pad" and then was amazed that your dog is trained to go on a pad. What a little princess puppy! You could get a bunny and let it live freely in the house and train it to go on the pad too. I remember a teacher I worked with did that. Or maybe it was a litter box. And I'm rambling again.

Tanja said...

Okay, I'm in. I should have mine up in a jiffy. Yep, that fast.

MoodyBlue said...

Yay!! I did it!! Sorry it took me so long, I had a weird last couple of days.

Marina said...

I just got a newletter from Trish and she mention you Linda and your meme! and Amy,Laughing though the tears won a sign book!!!marina