Friday, April 25, 2008

The "Ken Lee" Cake

It's chocolate. It looks like something Sandra Lee would make. But it's not Sandra Lee nor Sara Lee cake. It's "Ken Lee" cake.

That is, real English words capable of describing the splendorifous splendor of this cake have not yet been invented. Because of my recent overdose of this video, I have begun calling anything too good for words, something I can't live without, "Ken Lee." Thus, you are about to have a forever life-changing cake experience, if you heed my advice to commit this recipe to memory or wood-burn it into the backside of your cabinet door so that you never, ever lose it.

Dude--you can see what the cake looks like above. It tastes like this:
The goods:

1 box debil's food cake mix

2 eggs

1 can cherry pie filling

2 t. vanilla

Grease or spray 13 x 9. Mix all ingredients. Bake 350 for 30. Pour ganache over while still warm but not too hot.

Ganache:

1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips, or designer chocolate

1 c. heavy whipping cream

2 t. vanilla

Pour chips in bowl. Bring cream to boil, but don't let it boil over. Remove immediately and pour over chips. Stir gently until completely melted. Add vanilla. Let sit a couple of minutes. Stir again. Pour. Faint from excitement and anticipation.

Sing to the cake, for it is good: "Ken Lee, tulibu dibu douchou."

Thanks to It Coulda Been Worse Saturday Stirrings!

19 comments:

PJ said...

Yummy. I Ken Lee widouchu! And "Ken Lee' has entered our vocabulary...we are forever changed!!

Marsha said...

Linda! You have got to stop this! Seriously! I am gaining weight at a rate previously unknown to man and you're just not helping at all!

You would think with all this rolling on the floor over that video that I would have laughed a certain part of my anatomy off by now but NOOOOOOOOO! thanks to you and your Ken Lee cake it's just going to get bigger and bigger!

Cayce's crazy life said...

Holy Smokes - That is one good lookin cake. I'm trying it tomorrow!

Susanne said...

I think I Ken Lee that cake, either. I know what I'm getting at the grocery store tomorrow! My word. Now I need to find something to wipe the drool off my keyboard before it shorts out the computer.

Kimberly said...

Linda, Linda, Linda. What are you doing to us?!!! You are tempting us beyond our endurance! Okay, so God doesn't allow us to be tempted beyond what we can handle. But this recipe is right on the edge of that endurance! I am tempted to say "Get thee behind me Lidna!" but maybe that's a little strong. :-)

Carol said...

Hey Lidna! The cake sounds deelish! Just thought you should know the link at Saturday Stirrings for your blog is not working (at least for me). Have a great Saturday! ~Carol

Carol said...

I just tried again and got a "blog not found" message. But maybe it's just me. Obviously, I can get here by typing in your address. Can you tell if others are getting to you from DeeDee's site? ~ Carol

Jen said...

Lidna! I am falling over in my chair with laughter. And I'm definitely trying the cake. Cause you know, I Ken Lee widouw chocolate.

Saturday stirrings? I'm on my way --

MrsJoeB said...

This looks too good not to try. WOW!! Thanks for sharing and for the humor!!
In His Graces~Pamela

Melanie said...

I Ken Lee without devil's food, may make it with just chocolate mix.

Can I just eat the ganache?

Ang baylis said...

You better believe I'm making this!!!
Thank you so much Lidna! :)
Love,
Angie xoxo

Lelia Chealey said...

Is there a cake meme I don't know about? I just wrote down a recipe off of another blog for a cake then I need to get this one I saw the other day...I'll be the big girl with the even larger cankles from all the cakes I'm going to bake & eat overflowing the straps of my big brown Beth Moore heels at She Speaks sista! Ken Lee!

A Stone Gatherer said...

Sounds yummy! I will make it very soon!

Merrie said...

Oh my goodness! I may have to unpack some things and bake this! It sounds wonderful.... I've been so good about NOT eating too many sweets so I can get nice and bathing suit ready. But, I'm sure that it is more important to be a happy round granny who bakes wonderful things... right??

Darnelle said...

You had me at "1 can cherry pie filling" ! ! ! ! !

Kelley at Aroma of Joy said...

YUM! You know I am all into Chocolate Cake!

Darlene R. said...

That cake looks so good! Is it JUST the mix, eggs and pie filling? No oil, no water? I have to try this! I just spent 2 full days with 50-some Children's Choir kids in Cleveland which meant 13 hours on a bus and a night in a hotel with them. I need some serious chocolate!

(I have to be honest, the kids were pretty good!)

Susan said...

This sounds wonderful!! DH and I went to dinner the other night and I had a "Hot Lava Chocolate Cake"...believe me, it was "Ken-lee"! BUT I'd love it with cherries in it. YUM!

Sorry I've been a sporadic commenter lately. Life's busy busy busy.

Hugs,

Susan

Barbara H. said...

Well, ya had me til I saw the cherries. I'm one of those weird people who don't like fruit and chocolate together. But devil's food is my favorite, and that icing looks scrumptious!