Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Spoiler Alert! Whatever You Do, Do Not Look at the Picture Below!

Hope she gets her horse back.






Oh my gosh; I just felt so sorry for the little guy when Ryan put him on the spot by asking him to join the safe group! Was it my imagination, or at one point did David literally look to Paula or someone in the audience for immediate help? I felt so bad for him. Bless his heart; he did the cutest thing by sitting down--I love this kid.

By "Save the Little David," I don't mean vote for him; I mean I want the world to protect him, as I mentioned in my last post. I'm going to crumble when he is finally voted off, and yet I feel it might be the ultimate best for him. Jordin Sparks was young, but David Archuleta seems younger and sweeter than any previous contestant, and I want him to stay that way. Please, Disney, give David A. an Aladdin part, for his sake and all our sakes. Jon and Kate Plus Eight: Couldn't your kids use a nice big brother?

So ... what did you think about the results? I am losing my prognostication magic. I did not think Kristy Lee would go home. Once Syesha goes, I will be so sad when the following cuts inevitably come.

Why do I love this show so much? What is wrong with me? I can't even sing; I'm not musical; I don't buy a lot of music; I don't love all reality shows .... There is no good answer. Why do you love this show so much?

And now, for all you die-hard fans, I want to direct you to a website I found where you can possess for yourself T-shirts featuring your favorite AI stars, such as these:










They have one for every contestant, and some of them, like the one for Brooke, are actually cute. But my favorite is the last one. Sanjaya brought me so much joy ... and blogging fodder.

11 comments:

Linda Vujnov said...

I am so glad that I can check your blog and don't have to watch American Idol here in Cali. Thanks for the post...Kristy Lee Cook...out! Now my son can go to bed at 8:30 instead of waiting up for the results.

PJ said...

I keep up with AI just by reading your blog!!! Makes me seem less "out of it" when anyone starts chatting!

Huse Blog is it Anyway? said...

Jon and Kate plus 8. Brilliant.

MoodyBlue said...

SO agree with you about David A. I think America needs to protect him. I'm SO glad he followed what Melinda did when she had to "choose" last year & she sat down. It was a classy thing to do. My friend just sent me her "all-time favorite" Taylor Hicks & he wasn't so nice..he went up to what he thought was the bottom 3, shook the first person's hand, waved, and walked over & stood next to the other group. I thought Melinda doing that was so cool last year & David A following suit was just classy. They've all been together several months now & have become close. Ryan and AI should not put them on the spot like that. You know what I mean?

Ruthie said...

Was it my imagination or did Kristy Lee call Simon a "butt"? And I'm with you-- I thought for sure it was going to be Syesha who left us last night.

You've got to be a serious, serious fan to actually purchase a shirt with your favorite on it.

Cindy Swanson said...

Oh wow...I need to get the Jason Castro T-shirt for my daughter and my niece! They are avid fans.

Cindy Swanson said...

Spaeking of Melinda...whatever happened to her? She was a terrific singer, and I haven't heard a thing about her....

Susanne said...

I had a gut feeling it would be Kristy Lee. It really is getting hard at this point.

Why do I watch this show? I have no idea. It kills me each week to see another one go. I get so mad at Simon and Paula when they make it about themselves rather than the contestants. I get so happy when one of them does good. It's an emotional rollercoaster. But I get on and strap in every single week.

Cute shirts. The "I'm a certified Castronaught" made me laugh right out lound.

Jennifer said...

I <3 jason castro - I think he's the one with the most career potential out of all of this. David is a sweetie and could be the star of High School musical 4, 5, and 6. And by the way, thanks for the encouragement you left on my blog the other day. (o:

Faith said...

Kristi is a cute kid but I'm glad she is done. We were hoping it was Syesha here at my house....the reason I love this show so much is: 1. majored in music as an undergrad and I love good music, even pop!, 2. i have a 14 yr old and a 9 yr old (girls) and we don't have cable so...this is what they are allowed to watch!, 3. I teach in public school and it's all anyone talks about so I gotta stay current 4. I love Simon, 5.it's the only reality show that is worth my time each week!

Susan said...

I agree with you about David A. I think he really needs to have somebody just come and "help him" get through. He did look scared last night for sure.

I love Jason.

Of course, Syesha's our hometown girl, so people here are really watching her.

:-) Susan