Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Survey & Contest!














Sometimes, it takes a village to write a post. Case in point: my husband emailed me from work to tell me that he had just overheard two women in a nearby cubicle talking about American Idol. They were trying to remember the judges' names. Finally, one said, "Oh, I know. That one guy is 'Colin Powell.'"


Survey: Regarding the above statement overheard in the cubicle, which of the following three Jim Halpert reaction shots is most appropriate? (The Office returns April 10th!)





Sponsored by Art Bookbindery


You can do this! You totally can!

This message is from Darlene Schacht, Founder and Editor, Christian Women Online:

Christian Women Online, in conjunction with Art Bookbindery, is sponsoring the “Her Life Reflected” writing contest. CWO is looking for essays that tell us how your mother, or a mother that you know has reflected the heart of our Heavenly Father in her life. The winning essay will be one that is both written well, and of most importance, one that reflects God as being the central focus of one's life.

The winner will receive $400.00 U.S. from Art Bookbindery, 2 copies of Darlene Schacht's humorous book, The Mom Complex (one for you and one for mom!), 2 copies of Kathleen Carnali's music CD, Dangerous Prayer, 2 Proverbs 31 mugs from Mugs of Truth (a design idea inspired by CWO friend, Iris of Sting my Heart), and an autographed photo of Candace Cameron Bure along with a DVD of her testimony. Now that's a great package! We will announce the winner on Mother's Day, May 11th, 2008, and will publish the at that time.

Please go to CWO for more details!

(Pssst: You can do this!)

17 comments:

Farm Chick Paula said...

Wow- I am truly overwhelmed by your blog, Linda! And you love chickens, too? (sigh) By the way, I was born in October. I think this is a sign. We were meant to be together. LOL
I want to get caught up on some more of your older posts, so I'll be back- thanks for stopping by my place, too!

Seized by Hope said...

OK, the picture of Colin Powell as a judge is HILARIOUS!

Loved it.

Digging for Pearls said...

I vote for pose 2. :)

Hello!
My name is Jodie Wolfe. I am in the process of researching for a book I would like to write that addresses ten struggles that Christian women face. I would love to have your input as well. You can respond via email or my blog: http://diggingforpearls@blogspot.com

Thank you for any help you can give me. All I need is the list of ten things as well as your age.

Heth said...

Number 3. Jim's reaction would be number 3.

Mocha with Linda said...

Those 3 choices are all way too calm & polite. There's not an aghast horrified look among them! That is too funny. . .

Karen H TX said...

I say picture #1 would be the response.

Carrie said...

TOO funny! I vote for #1. LOL
God bless :)

Lois E. Lane said...

I'm Jim's #1 fan, so I'd bet the farm on the second reaction :) Thanks for the contest info!

Cyndy said...

I don't know who Jim is but I would have to vote for #3. Even my six year old knows the difference between Simon Cowell and Colin Powell!!!!

Faith said...

I vote for pose #1.
Thanks for telling me about the writing contest. I may look into that!

annie's eyes said...

Clearly, the person making the comment is into politics and homonyms. That is too funny. Reminds me of old Archie Bunkerisms.

I am inspired to write on this contest. Something about offering a tribute to my mother makes me want to tell the story. Thanks for the info. Love your blogging insights. Annette

Mary said...

Linda, I have really enjoyed your
blog. . you are truly talented!
And where do I go to find how to make a blog where you can add pictures, videos, and so many things that your blog has?

Mary

annie's eyes said...

PS I vote for #1 too!

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

I cannot WAIT for Jim's face to grace my tv screen again! And I think Colin Powell would be a great guest judge; that lady may be on to something. Or on something.

Marmee said...

I vote for pose #3.

Ann said...

That Colin Powell thing is hilarious! Thank you for the wonderful laugh :)

Missy @ It's Almost Naptime said...

Number one, totally.

I have such a crush on Jim. My husband knows all about it. I mean, ALL about it.