Wow, yesterday was fun at the Fiesta. I visited so many people for the first time. I saw new faces, learned new names, learned fashion tips and various and sundry other facts. I wish that I had had the presence of mind to jot down where I learned these things to give credit where it's due, but I didn't think of this list until later. If you recognize something from your blog, please let me know, and I will credit your account, if you send me your full Master Card/Visa number. And don't forget the 3-digit code and expiration date.
1. Did you know someone manufactures a garment that serves as a first-layer t-shirt but also doubles as a tummy cover-up when short-waisted shirts ride up? A company called Hip-T offers up this solution for today's low rise jeans and high rise tops. Excellent, excellent idea. They come in all different colors, fancy and plain.
2. Proactiv can bleach out your clothes, towels, basically anything. I did not know this.
3. Flip-flops are the new jeans. They are the basic of the new daily uniform. Virtually no one is without many, many pairs, expensive and cheap. Apparently, we females are equal opportunity flip-flop lovers. People over 40: Remember when they used to be called "thongs?" I saw a greeting card once that portrayed two older women with flip flops strapped on like underwear and one saying to the other, "Are you sure this is how they're wearing thongs now?"
4. There is a stalker for everyone. One blogger confessed that she has a huge crush on political columnist/pundit Charles Krauthammer. I am only reporting; I cannot explain.
5. I am old. I did not exactly learn this at the Fiesta as in an "ah-ha" moment, but it was reinforced over and over again as I blog hopped. That was fun.
6. I am the last American woman who has not done a Beth Moore Bible study NOR had a pedicure.
7. People loved my green coat. Someone offered to kiss it.
8. That may sound weird, but I'd rather kiss my green coat than Charles Krauthammer, although I'm sure he's very nice.
What did you learn at the Fiesta of Fashion Education?