Sunday, September 21, 2008

Have You Met Dena or Gwendolyn?

Many of you have chided me about my Broadway musical non-appreciation "disability," or as some of you put it, mortal sin.

However, Dena at Green Acres, in her compassion for me in my helpless state against the "madding crowds," made the pic below, and sent the bling in the left sidebar. And may I just say, in regards to the pic below, that my waist, in real life, is indeed 40 times smaller than my head. Also, my upper arms are looking rather non-flabby here, so I'm thinking about adopting this pic as my all-time official one, as in: driver's license, newspaper column pic, my kids' wedding pics someday, etc. So thanks, Dena!



And I want to introduce you also to Gwendolyn All's Fair in Love and Chocolate, who is quite witty. I've enjoyed her posts a lot lately.

Here's a sample from a recent post:

My youngest son has always called his...um...private parts... by an interesting name. As soon as he could talk, he referred to it as his "pirate", because he could not say "private" and we are SO not politically correct enough to teach him what it is actually called. Actually, this has saved us from numerous embarassing situations, such as when he was two and we were in the grocery store, and he went on a long tangent about how his pirate was itchy and had a rash, and the other shoppers just thought that he was discussing an unfortunate imaginary friend.

So if you've never met these two bloggers, go on over and say "hello" or maybe something more clever than that, if that were possible.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

11 comments:

Smilingsal said...

As soon as I tell you "happy Sunday," I'll drop over and visit them.

annie's eyes said...

I'm loving that picture, Lid. I seriously would check into the drivers license department especially if yours is like ours. Thanks for introducing us to some people who know how to laugh. Love, Annette

Dena @ Green Acres said...

aaawww thanks Linda. I had someone send me that picture with Julie Andrews saying that we need to get together and watch it again sometime. It made me think of you and your never ending love of musicals. Quoting a popular 70's comment "The devil made me do it". hehehe
Have a great Sunday.

Susanne said...

LOL. Oh that Dena is a clever girl. I wonder if she could give me a great makeover like that so that I can forget contemplating the old daily workout.

So what'dya buy at Ikea?

Gwendolyn said...

Thank you! I am blushing. :o)

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

I'm telling you...you're falling in love with musicals! I can SENSE it! :-)

40winkzzz said...

(Note: If you're not up on Veggie Tales, you might not quite get this.)

I read the bit about "pirates" to my 17-y/o daughter, after which we simultaneously burst into song. "We are the pirates who don't do anything, we just stay home and lie around..." Um, yeah.

Becky said...

Well, any friend of yours...

Nice pic ;-)

PJ said...

Love the Lidna Garland photo!!! It's a good thing the picture doesn't have to do anything like...BREATHE!!! with that size waist!

And although I LOVED the impromptu musical at the mall. I hereby solemnly promise that if we ever meet in real life, I will NOT burst into song at a fast food joint!!! Scout's Honor -- Although I never was a Scout, so that doesn't mean much. (Did I have my fingers crossed when I typed that??? Hmmm.)

The Bayou Belles and Their Beau said...

OK ... too funny! That picture made me giggle.

Jerralea said...

I love that pic. Of course, "Sound of Music" is the greatest musical, ever! It WOULD make a great driver's license pic.

Don't feel alone in your disdain for musicals -- my brother always hated them. He'd say, when he was little, "why are they always singing in musicals?" LOL.