Saturday, December 13, 2008

How to Do the Snowflake Pattern and the Templates for Painting Glass

Although many of you have recently lavished abundant praise upon me for my apparent two talents, I must tell you that you have been inadvertently deceived. By me. Because the things I've been writing about are simply not complex to do, and I will prove that to you now with this information.


THE SNOWFLAKE INSTRUCTIONS

This is your cookie, below. You draw two long lines on your cookie. Then you come back and draw two shorter lines between the first set of lines. The last thing you do is add little "V" lines at the ends of the longer lines. If you want, you can add small lines on any of the lines. Or add dots. If you look carefully at my picture, you will see that's what I did. But the basic design is what I gave you in the diagram here.

















TEMPLATES FOR PAINTING GLASSES

Here is a gingerbread template if you would like to print it off and cut it out. Simply tape it to the INSIDE of your glass and then use your paint pens to "trace" the design on the glass.


Here is the template I used for the Girls' Group glasses. I just cropped the photo to keep only the girl, and then I taped her inside each glass and drew away. Easy Peasy.


TOMORROW: RECIPES FOR ROYAL ICING AND GINGERBREAD

21 comments:

Dena @ Green Acres said...

I'm still impressed. :)

RosyRose said...

Yeah, me too! I'm impressed too!

sara said...

thanks for the tips, but I think you should have let everyone cont. to ooo and awe your talents!!! It's hard for a girl to get that kind of praise every day!!! :)

Smilingsal said...

Thanks for the tips, however, you still need a steady hand and a good eye.

Chatty Kelly said...

Being creative means you can create stuff and have good ideas. You do!

Just having the patience to frost the cookies qualifies you as creative in my book.

I'm all for the tub of frosting and a butter knife...smear, smear, done!

April in CT said...

Genius! Thanks for sharing these tips. I always need instructions and inspiration to get a project going. :)

Mocha with Linda said...

Yeah, but you have to be able to draw a straight line, which I can't, especially when I'm holding icing. And the glasses, too, require a steady hand and an artistic bent. And your letters were cute.

lmerie said...

Ah man! You are just good!

Tammy said...

YAY, YIPEE!! *dance for joy*

Thank you for sharing!

Tammy said...

Oh, how cool...thanks for posting these darling templates, Linda...but you obviously do have some talent, girl!
I'm going to check back for that gingerbread recipe...:)

MomE said...

What sort of crafty markers did you use? Do you have to bake them afterward or spray them with anything? Sorry...I'm pretty crafty illiterate!

Dutch said...

Thanks for sharing those tips. I may try to do the cookies with my sister when she comes and visits. They are amazing.

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

I feel encouraged now. I kept picturing my girls on the glasses with their feet curving down and backwards.

Paula (SweetPea) said...

Very creative but I still say it takes talent. I love the cookies but I would hate to eat them and destroy the beauty. I've seen the gingerbread house kits in stores and I think of you every time.

Linda said...

Come on...who are you kidding?! It still takes talent to make these Christmas creations! Don't sell yourself short on the talent end. And thanks for sharing! those glasses are just too adorable!

Dawn said...

I'm still impressed that you came up with the idea of taping the paper inside the glass!

Brenda Susan said...

S T I L L ! !

Mary said...

I'm very impressed -- I can't ice in a staight line.... I'll just stick with my skills of .... wait, is talking with my tongue in my cheek a skill?

Esthermay said...

Talented. . . and humble. I love you! I may use that cookie decorating design. Those are beautiful and in a simple kinda' way. Ya' know? My daddy will like them.
:-)
~esthermay @The Heart of a Pastor's Wife

Susanne said...

I don't think I'm decieved at all. Templates or no, you still have to have talent and patience to make it look good. I still think you should do my Christmas cookies. :v)

Queen to my 3 Boys said...

Love the gingerbread PALACE!

You may not come & see mine, which I WAS so very proud of. If you do take a peek, please remember, it was about building memories with the boys (6 and 2). Ya, sure, that's right. *wink*