Friday, December 12, 2008

Friday's Fave Five

THURSDAY NIGHT: First of all, I want to say thanks for caring and throwing out guesses as to the cause of my Smurfed up daughter's blue fingernails. (Imagine if someone brand new here just read that sentence.) She is apparently OK, but the fingertips are still a little sore. We had our piano tuned today, and she's been playing like a fiend in there this evening, so maybe that has been the cause all along. If so, she will surely show up blue again in the morning. Plus, they are playing basketball in gym, so maybe that was the cause. But it all came and went in one day. ?? Only one of you, Mocha Lid, mentioned Blue Christmas, which was clever, but no one called us the Blue Man Group, which disappointed me, a little.

FRIDAY:

Here’s another installment for Susanne’s “Friday’s Fave Five” meme at Living to Tell the Story:

1. Forget "raindrops on roses, whiskers on kittens …" and just gimme the Pedi Egg. I bought one and did not slice and dice myself like I did before. I highly recommend this little doohickey, as Gayle would say, and if you get a pink one at Wowmart, part of the proceeds to goes help fight breast cancer.

2. Reddi Whip. I’m addicted to this stuff. I’ve been squirting it directly into my mouth when no one's looking because—hold on there, Miss Priss—I have my own personal can. As a matter of fact, I happen to be drinking hot chocolate with a big mound of it on there as I write this. Wish you were here. Not. Because that means more Reddi Whip for me. Sorry. Can't help myself.

3. The movie “A Christmas Carol,” with either George C. Scott or Reginald Owen. I actually prefer Reggie in tne 1938 film, which I first saw as a teenager and did not know it was a Dickens story. I'm surprised I lasted through the end of it back then since there were no cute boys in this flick, because Tiny Tim cute was not the kind of cute boy I was into at that time.

4. My mommy’s birthday was Wednesday. I got her a huge pink poinsettia because she likes pink. I meant to get her a small pink poinsettia, but I sent Jorge to purchase it, and he brought one back big enough to be a corsage for Elton John, 3 ft tall, 2 feet wide.

5. A Christmas celebration with my Girls’ Group. We are posed (except for me) with glasses that I painted for each friend, as close a portrait as I could get with stick figures and paint pens. It was worth the effort to hear them laughing over their caricatures. After we looked at them all, we each signed the back side of each other's glasses. They are personalized and dated 2008.


Here is Leslie with me and her glass below. Note the Sarah Palin glasses.





Here are a couple of others.







Care to share your Fave Five this week? You don't have to share your Reddi Whip. Just go link up with Susanne!

35 comments:

Dena @ Green Acres said...

Oh my goodness you keep getting more and more creative every day! Those glasses are adorable! The only thing I have ever done that's even close to that is I gave my hubbys brother and his wife ceramic plates and permanent pens so their kids could decorate them. Supposedly you then bake the plates and that makes the "ink" permanent. Same idea as yours (sort of), but I let them do all the work.

Chatty Kelly said...

You are such a crafty gal and a great friend to do that with all your friends. Looks like a FUN time!

um, I'll pass on the reddi whip at your house. Just in case you grab the wrong can and it's your mouth squirter. :D

Mocha with Linda said...

Okay, enough already with the artistic showing off! As if your writing weren't enough to make me feel inadequate! LOL

Those are adorable. Where you find the time is beyond me.

And Reddi Whip? Mmmm.

Tracie said...

Your glasses are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

And I love Reddi Whip too! Shhh, sometimes I eat it straight from the can. Shhh!

Lois Grebowski said...

Love teh wine glasses... Such a great idea! passed the link on to my niece to show her mom. It's just perfect for her girls group...

Reddi Whip? Love it. Put the nozzle in your mouth and spray away! (oh my, did I just say that?)

Beverly said...

corsage for Elton? Now that is good!LOL

ellen b said...

Well aren't you the creative one!! I love those glasses you created for your friends! What fun. I so appreciate your humor, too...a poinsettia big enough for Elton John's corsage! :0) You know I sat with his mom in a press box at his LA Concert in 1975 (but that's another story).
Have a wonderful weekend Linda!

April in CT said...

Happy birthday mom!!

On the rare occasion I buy Reddi Whip my hubby will tilt his head back and see just how full he can get the mound of whipped cream coming out of his mouth to be. While entertaining I only buy it occasionally because I know I'll be putting it on everything. Why is squirting that stuff out of a can so much fun?

Those glasses are freakin' adorable! You should sell stuff on Etsy...seriously.

Tammy said...

You are da' bomb! I heart your glasses. And might have to gather all the stuff for my GNO group next Thursday night and surprise them all.

I love me some redi-whip too. As for the egg thing, I am scared to death I could accidentally amputate half my foot.

I'm so glad y'all are feeling blue anymore!

Dutch said...

I just love those glasses. What a great idea. You gave me a laugh today with the Redi-Whip. I have to admit I also love to squirt a little in my mouth from time to time. lol Have a great weekend.

Sara@ Butterville said...

OH, that party looked like fun! Roo loves the redi whip too!
Lin, you make basic convesation SO hilarious! A corsage for Elton John! it would take me DAYS to think up something witty like that! You are such a treasure!

Barbara H. said...

I've been wondering about the pedi-egg. I saw a commercial about it but was kind of grossed out when it showed them emptying the scrapings into the trash -- I don't know why. I was a little afraid of scraping/slicing where it shouldn't, but it sounds like it doesn't.

My husband and kids love to put the Reddi-whip in their coffee. I like it on fruit cocktail. I love the taste much better than the tubbed whipped topping.

The George C. Scott version of A Christmas Carol is my favorite. And I love pink poinsettias.

Those glasses are just too cute!

Smilingsal said...

I love each time you show a painted glass whatever that you've done. You're so artistic, and I'm not.

Sitesx6 said...

Yet again, your skill and craft-wizard-ness impresses me! Cute cute cute glasses. You did a great job.

Is it wrong to covet crafty skills?

I have none. But thankfully my ten year olds are still impressed with play-dough animals and stick people drawings.
Happy Friday. I'm so glad I found your fun blog!

MomE said...

HA...we call it by the sound it makes, "ChHHHHOOOOOOT!" Ha ha ha! I love the decorated glasses. What did you use to mark on them? I'm getting ideas for next year already!

lmerie said...

Fun post - love the Elton John crosage - too funny.

When my kids were younger I and I was divorced, I kept a pint of Ben and Jerry's in the freezer, that only I ate - straight out of the container. Take a couple bites put it back. Go for it with your Reddi Whip!

Joanna said...

You are such a hoot! I would love to hang out with you - I'll even bring my own ReddiWhip. :)

Carol said...

Oh, but your little glasses are just da bomb! How clever.

And I adore my PedEgg. Softier feet for sure!

Laurie Ann said...

I love the glasses! They're beautiful. Looks like a fun time was had with the group. Hope your daughter's fingers get better soon. Is she the one that just started driving? How tight is she gripping the steering wheel, LOL?

Tina said...

This is funny. I read your blog entry right after I read this.

http://gardening.about.com/b/2008/12/12/featured-plant-poinsettia.htm

Apparently, Dec. 12 is National Poinsettia day.

samurai said...

I knew there were others, but no one who was brave enough to admit that they too squirted Reddi-Whip directly into their mouth! hehehe

As for A Christmas Carol... i remember watching that movie every year, one year something like three times... which was pretty hard on regular old network TV - but we traveled a lot, and I got lucky. My favorite version is the A&E version that has Patrick Stewart in it... he is a very good actor IMO.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Brenda said...

Those glasses are fun! And how fun to spend an evening with the girls!

Robin said...

Thanks for always making me laugh! These days, that's not always easy to do.

Great list!

skoots1mom said...

gr8 job...love the glasses.

enjoyed the fav 5...just posted mine, too! come by and see!

would you pray for our youth group, we're headed to the mountains tonight for winter retreat ... and we're expecting snow! have a good weekend...

Susanne said...

What a great idea & keepsake those glasses are, Linda! You are becoming quite the crafting queen! I love a Christmas Carol but my fave is the version with Patrick Stewart.

12-arrows said...

those glasses are just too cute! what an awesome gift and I am sure each of your special friends were blessed by your thoughtfulness and creativity!

The Correspondent said...

Great list, Linda!

More than once, I've eyed those Pedi-Eggs in the store and wondered if they were worth the money. Thanks for the recommendation.

Those glasses are priceless. You are so creative and talented.

Tim and Vicky said...

Great glass work! So . . . where's the order form? :)

Brenda Susan said...

I've tagged you, come see ok?
BTW I love your blog!

Brenda Susan said...

Thise glasses are so cute, what a great idea! Clever lady you are!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

you are so skilled.

Jodi said...

The first step is admitting you are powerless over Redi-Whip. LOL!

I do the same thing so don't feel bad Linda. Are we long lost sisters..we share love of Redi-Whip and paper cheese..LOL!

Carol said...

Oh, honey. I have he pediegg, too. It's really awesome except the fact when you are done and you have to dump out all of the foot shavings. Ick. Sounds gross even typing it.

Faith said...

I LOVE those glasses...can I copy that idea for next year??
And yup...my family is right up there with ya on the Reddi Whip....good stuff!!
Merry Christmas to you....

A Gracious Home said...

I want a pediegg. Sounds great. I'm not a reddi whip fan. I like mini marshmallows in my cocoa.I love the glasses. Your blog is great. Doylene