Tuesday, January 27, 2009

We Have a Winner of the Ugly Mug Contest!



Finally, I can shed the mantle of shame (Owner of the Ugliest Coffee Mug on the Planet) and place it upon you, my worthy successor: Becky at Adult Deprived, who is apparently also mug deprived. Or depraved. Becky's mug was aptly described by Joy at Sing 4 Joy as "ropetastic."

Coming in a close 2nd, however, was Beverlydru at Dancing with the Daffodils and her witch with a wart mug. Awesome. Beverly, since you lost by only two votes, email me your address, too, and I'll send you a little sumpin' sumpin'.

Everyone who participated is a great sport and I think you brightened a lot of people's day with your "tragically hysterical" stories, as Kim from the South put it.

Here is Becky's new & improved, updated prize package valued at approximately $30:



A $15 Starbucks card! Woo to the Hoo!

One "Gold Pack" of my friend Cindy's Gourmet Divine Chocolate Bark--RASPBERRY! Oh, you are in for a treat. Remember that Cindy's chocolate bark is not just sprinkled with raspberry candy; it's infused with raspberry throughout. Get ready for a veritable taste bud lollapalooza. With your first bite, Kool & the Gang start singing "Celebration" inside your mouth: "There's a party goin' on right here, a celebration, to last throughout the years."

Two coffee-themed towels for Valentine's Day that say, "I Love You A Latte," because I gotta whole latte love for anyone who can win an "ugly" contest.

Last but not least, this ca-yute mug with the phrase, "Espresso Yourself," and "Be a Coffee Drinking Fan," which is kind of like me turning your pumpkin into a carriage. Let the mug commemorate your new title, "Owner of Very Clever Mug Which is Perfect for Coffee-drinking Bloggers Who Love to Espresso Themselves." Use it daily; use it well. Make me proud.

Thanks to all who entered and voted. And just so you know ... I finally got rid of my ugly mug--the drinking one, and bought myself a new one at TJ Maxx!

18 comments:

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

MUUUUUUUUUCH better.

:-)

Girl, you FLAT know how to do a contest, now. That was fun. Thanks for the laughs, as always!

Becky said...

YeEEEEEEEEEEHHHAAAAAAAAW!!!! And WOo-to -the -hoo!!! Oh Linda I had so much fun playing with you and reading about all the ugliness of the blog worlds cupboards... *sob*... and I never never expected to win. I am elated. You should have seen my expression when I was reading about the prizes... My eyes were all Googlygoogly. I'm so excited.

THANK YOU to everyone who thought I was ugly enough ...er... my mug was ugly enough to vote for. Thank you!

(Your new mug is so you Linda, very chic and congrats on 1000 posts. I Ken Lee Linda :-D )

A Stone Gatherer said...

Great Prize! I love the new cool looking mug! I love coffee mugs!

Patrice said...

Yay for the winners, boo for me!! What a great contest, can't wait for the next one...

The Quiet One said...

That was fun. I almost went out and bought an ugly mug myself. Hopefully I can participate in the next one.

Oh and seriously - "I love you a latte????" sigh... :)

lmerie said...

To the winners whooooo hoooooo!

Congrats!

Mocha with Linda said...

Congrats to the winners. I guess. Does anybody know what Bambi's blog is?

JUST KIDDING!!!!! You rock. And your mug is perfect for your new black and white kitchen!!

Dena said...

Congratulations Becky!! That was a fun contest. Oh my goodness, I don't know when I have laughed that much!

I love your new mug Linda...goes great with your new kitchen.

Chatty Kelly said...

I love your new mug! It reminds me of some of the wall paper you were looking at for your kitchen back in the redecorating kitchen phase. :-)

Susanne said...

Congrats to the winner. Truly deserving of a new mug for sure. That was a lot of fun, Linda.

Pam from alertandorientedx4 said...

Congratulations Becky!
Linda--I LOVE the new mug that matches your kitchen. Tres chic!

Teri~Facedown said...

I like your mug Lid! It is big and it matches your kitchen too!

Sure wish I could eat some of the raspberry chocolate righthtisminute.

Have a good one!

Stacy said...

I have already posted once on today's entry, but I didn't want to comment again lest you think I was attempting to have my name in the hat twice for the prize. :)

Just wanted to say that I'm having a crappy (can I say that here) day today and wanted to thank you for making me laugh!

Lois said...

That was a great contest and me with a collections of more than 70 mugs did not decide to enter. The mugs are all packed away and I am not sure about taking pictures yet.
Thanks a lot.
Lois

Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

This was a lot of fun and I had a blast playing 'cowgirl' dressup to go along with my mug. Congrats to Becky :)

Beverlydru said...

I feel like I am doing my part for the economy by being an example of how to find entertainment without spending much money. The .52 I spent at Goodwill last week provided me with hours of entertainment! Thanks- you're a fun friend.

Merrie said...

Yes! I love your new mug! Keep it warm with all your weather1 Yikes, this winter stuff is not for sissies!
I looked for my ugly mug, but finally determined that it is in the attic (which is entered from outside in the "winter mix" storm). I love you and would get it, BUT I must have the help of a certain man in my life who thinks I'm crazy on the internet anyway and he just would not cooperate. :(

Joanna said...

Ooo I like the new mug! Very sassy.