Saturday, February 07, 2009

Project 365, Week 6, February 1-7

Photobucket
So here we are, week 6. This project is getting harder and harder for me. I hope I can hang in there. Because I know that being faithful to this this project is really important, like when that little Dutch boy Hans Brinkman stuck his finger in the dyke and saved Holland. That's how important it is every Sunday to get my pictures on here.

Sunday night, Super Bowl night. My daughter had her friend over to watch the commercials. They ate ice cream out of the carton. Ahh, youth.



Monday: Our parking lots are clear now, but the snow is piled high in the lots. Just beyond this hill of snow is the little postal station where I mail your contest prizes. Our streets expand and then go back when it freezes and thaws, so we have great big old pot holes now that we have to maneuver around like land mines. I'll have to get a pic or two of those next week to show you. Because why wouldn't you want to see beautiful pot holes.



Tuesday: We taped "We Go Together" at church for the staff video to be shown at our volunteer appreciation banquet on February 20. More to come on this extravaganza in a week or two. Maybe even a video?



Wednesday: Here is the ninja stealth sprayer. He disguises himself in dark clothing and then sneaks up on gingerbread houses and sprays them with lacquer.



Thursday: This cracks me up. When we come in the back door, if we put down any piece of clothing for even 5 seconds, Zoe gets on it like it's a plot of land she has claimed in the great land race of the Oklahoma Territory. She might as well put up a flag with a giant "Z" on it.



Friday: Every day, when I leave home for work, the last thing I do is turn around, look at Zoe and say, "You be a good girl today. You go potty on your paper. On your paper. On your paaaay-purrr." I'm trying to stress that last word so that it will stick in her head as the last thing she heard. Then she cocks her head at me and sadly watches me leave. When I come home, it's a ticker tape parade. But the problem is, soon I have to leave again to pick up Kristin from school. So sometimes I can't bear to do the whole "You be good" business again, and I let her come with me. And so here she is, having the best day of her life, which is any time she gets to go along.



Saturday: Rock Band!



OK, go check out Sara's place to see more Projects!

23 comments:

Chatty Kelly said...

Here's a secret. Buy a kennel...then she'll hold it. She'll have to. :-) Mean Dog Mommy, I know.

Your pictures are good, but it's your commentary that I LOVE!!!! I think we could be good friends, and go out to coffee together and laugh our arses off. :-) 'Cause you crack me up. Seriously.

Of course, you'd probably dump me for your new funnier friend Bambi (or Barbie?), and then I'd be stalking you because I'm all Ken Lee for you, and well, it's good your live in IN and I live in VA. It's best for everyone that way. LOL!

Gina said...

Great pics! Love the poodle skirt! And your puppy is just toooooo funny! Glad you enjoy her. TFS Have a blessed week!!

Renna said...

That was fun! I could tell Leyna to go on the paaay-purr, but I'd still likely find a wet spot on the carpet if I left her alone for too many hours. I think avoiding the paper is their punishment for us leaving them.

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

When we leave, we tell Maggie,"Maggie, you're in charge of the house. No parties!"

I'm not kidding.

Linda said...

Oh my word! I love your Project 365! Can't wait to see the We Go Together video!

Susanne said...

Where did you get your pink skirt, girl? That is very Sandy-ish.

It is hard to take a pick a day, isn't it? Hang in there. You can do it!

fransmomma said...

is your daughter a dancer? her foot is doing a 'dancer thing' in that first picture.

Becky said...

Don't give up, keep clicking. I love that 50's get up. And Flip does the same thing with the kid's security blankets. If the are left on the floor she lays on them.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Yes, Fransmama, she is indeed a dancer.

Kim said...

You look like a gal off the set of "Grease" in your cute little pink and black ensemble :-)

At least Zoe is better behaved than the dog we had when I was a kid. If left alone too long, he'd go smack dab in the middle of my mom's bed. And he was smart enough to figure out how to open the door unless it was locked.

Love that area rug in the last pic!

Dena said...

Love your pictures! Your daughter is so pretty.

I just KNEW you'd come around and start loving musicals. Look, you're even starring in them now!

My dogs do the same thing with anything left on the floor. It can even be a plastic grocery bag and they'll sit on it like it's the most comfy thing in the world. I don't get it. But say the magic words of "wanna go bye-bye?" And 2 of them run to the door, while 2 run and hide. LOL

Susan Storm Smith said...

loved all the pics but Zoe on the coat was just classic LOL and I thought about the kennel too used to work for mine.

thanks for a delightful read and good laugh this morning!

darla said...

its getting harder for me too. some days i have a million i want to share and some days not one even one seems interesting...but its still fun participating. and a year from now we will enjoy seeing our daily lives in photographs.

Mocha with Linda said...

LOVED Grease. Of course I'd never let my kids watch it now! LOL

Can't wait to see the video!!

ALways love your pics!

Jules from "The Roost" said...

FUN busy week! Love the picture of you in the poodle skirt!

Mel said...

I think you are doing a wonderful job on the photos...i laughed at the asphalt cracking wondering if you happen to live in NC...Rock Band!!!

My favorite is the dog driving one or at least that is what it brought to mind.

beckyjomama said...

DOn't give up ... the damn is counting on ya!!! Plus, I love your pics :)

PS - just don't let Zoe drive ... she may not know where to swerve to miss the potholes!

carol ~ i throw like a girl said...

Sometimes I bring our little dog (we have a big dog as well, so I have to specify here) with me to pick up our 16 year old daughter from school, too. They both love it!!

Esthermay said...

Yes. . . I come late to the party and have nothing original to say.
Dancer "thing:" Yep. Noticed that 1st thing.
The Olivia Newton-John look alike pose - you are so much better looking! :-)
When the pets take the clothes, you just gotta' smile. . . and that kitchen: Still waaaay to white. Maybe ninja stealth sprayer could help out here.

Keep clicking - I'm startin' to really enjoy this Project 365.
Happy Weekend!
~es.

Garden Girl said...

Just love all the pics.
I can relate mostly to the doggie ones. We had a lab/dane mix and she would always lay on the rug at our feet by the kitchen counter.
When I was in the bathroom, she would lay between my feet there too.
Dogs are the best!

Liz said...

I just love Zoe. Such a cute little dog!

Ang baylis said...

I do love to come see what's been up with you every week, Linda! Please don't judge me, but I decided to quit this week. It was just impossible to find things to take pictures of on my work days. I work Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. I got a comment from someone (a family member) who critiqued my pics so I decided it just wasn't worth it. No big deal. I'm kind of relieved that I decided to quit. The worst part is that I don't like to be a quitter. Maybe I need to be okay with it? I'm glad you don't let comments bother you! I'm way too sensitive. :) You don't have to post this comment, because it sounds like I am Debbie Downer. It's really not that big a deal to me. Hope all is well with you, dear friend!
Love to you,
Angie xoxo

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Are YOU telling ME that you have now participated in a MUSICAL of sorts...and it's on VIDEO???

I gotta see this. Cough it up, girlie.