However, the following vid (at end of post) is for all of you card-carrying Broadway musical lovers, of which I am a mirror opposite, a card carrying protester of Broadway musicals. You must watch this all the way through for the full effect. (Eye roll.)
Speaking of mirror opposites, I read the other day that there's a longstanding well-respected hypothesis that most left-handers are surviving siblings of mirror-image twins. Apparently, in as many as one in 8 pregnancies, a twin is "reabsorbed" due to chromosomal or other abnormalities. I could not wait to forward this info to my eldest two children who are both lefties. The onslaught of replies between them and me was both hilarious and disturbing. Suffice it to say my son replied, a la Dwight Schrute: "This means, of course, that I have the strength of a grown man and a fetus."
So today we're out of the gate on the next two-week adventure.
Look, I know I'm not getting around to you faithfully. I admit it. But here's a thumbnail of why I can't, couched in the context of "yesterday."
- Awoke only in time to get ready for work--without shower!
- Worked. Computer down most of morning.
- Picked up Kristin after school.
- Dropped Kristin at home but did not get out of car. Drove to parental home.
- Worked on Dad's computer. Note irony in that statement.
- Failed at Dad's computer. Called Jorge to come after work to help.
- Tried to help Mom decide between two pink dress suits. Laborious process. Finally, I put suits on, and WHAM she knew immediately which one she liked and which one she didn't. Slightly disturbing.
- Took copious notes for Mom concerning her funeral plan preferences, re: clothing, casket lining, songs, readings. A fun time was had by all.
- Came home, ate late dinner.
- Checked your comments here. Became overwhelmed.
- Wrote this post.
Technically, we didn't start the 30 x 5 yesterday; today is the first day of this two weeks. But yesterday I did deny myself some Jolly Ranchers and tons of unhealthy edibles in the cafe in the building where I work, where I'm free to go at any moment and purchase any food under the sun, with one stipulation: It must be unhealthy. AARGH!
I will also confess to you, and hope that it does not discourage you, that I was down 5 lbs and then put it ALL back on from Good Friday until today. DOUBLE ARGH!
But this is a new day, right? I'm going to do my best to get around to reading your progress. hang in there with me; I need you. Please be sure to encourage some others a long the way. Just a little "Hey there; I'm in this, too," helps a lot.
And now, to end on a ridiculously happy and sappy note, here is the musical vid: