Thursday, June 25, 2009

You Had Me at "Mango" - 'Cause You're So Smooooth

Man it's a hot one
Like seven inches from the midday sun
I hear you whisperin' words that melt everyone
But you stay so cool ....

You've probably wondered what inspired Rob Thomas to write those words, haven't you? OK, I'll tell you. Read on:

I made my own Mango/Pineapple smoothie yesterday (Rob had a premonition, like, 10 years ago about this Smoothie), and since I died and went to heaven upon the first sip, I thought I'd send you this missive from above so that you, too, can taste "The Mango Madness" as I am dubbing this creation.

Mango Madness

In a blender, blend: (Duh, that's why it's called "blender," Lidna, duh.)

1/2 c. Dole frozen mango chunks (60 cal)
1/2 c. Dole frozen pineapple chunks (50 cal)
1/2 c. nonfat vanilla yogurt (55 cal)
1/2 c. Dole Pina Colada juice (60 cal) (I am also a big fan of the coconut, so this excites me.)

And, look! It's all half-cups, so it's easy to remember!

These 225 cals of tropical ambrosia [which I drank right from the pitcher, oh yes I did] pack a boatload of vitamin C.

If I had a little paper umbrella, I'd sure throw it in before I glugged it out of the pitcher.

So there you have it: "Mango Madness Smoothie By Lid." I beg of you, as does Rob Thomas, "Let's don't forget about it."

12 comments:

Becky said...

I love how you duh-ed yourself twice in one sentence. This sounds good and I don't even like smoothies.

Dena said...

I love smoothies, but not so big on mangos. However, if it goes well with that Santana song, then you can bet I'll give it a sip or seven.

Chatty Kelly said...

Well, I'm more of a berry kind of gal. I don't like coconut or pineapple all that much. You realize you would love a pina coloda don't you?

Anonymous said...

That sounds delicious!

Liz in NC

Debbie @Like a Rose said...

You are just all about mango these days! Hope you're enjoying your vacation.

By the way, you're linked on my Thursday 13 today.

Mocha with Linda said...

I never have been able to tango with mangos. I'm more of a peach girl.

Merrie said...

Sounds DELISH!

pathfromtheheadtotheheart said...

Oh yum! I can't wait to try this! Smoothies are such a wonderful summer treat!

skoots1mom said...

i just bought frozen mango and frozen pineapple a couple of days ago...gonna do some of these 2morrow!
i love "summer flavors"...and mango is especially good with coconut anything. mango salsa is really good with coconut shrimp, have you ever had it at OUTBACK? delish 4sure!!
come read what we've been eating at our house...

Mama Belle said...

Yum. Have you tried the mango limeade from Sonic? You must. Go. Do it. Now. You won't regret it.

Queen to my 3 Boys said...

It's not that hot here, but I'll take some Mango Madness any day!

Yummy!

Greg C said...

I will have the roast duck with the mango salsa please. Have you heard the new Rob song; Diamonds on the floor? Talk about your so cool. You know that smootie is missing something. Hmmm what could it be?