Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'm Feelin' Lucky, But Just In Case I'm Not, You've Got My Back


You'll remember one of the most significant loves of my life, this car, which I recently parted with and am still grinding my teeth over have come to terms with concerning my loss.

I mean, I'll be doing all right in my CRV, but then a teal Camaro will round the corner, and I morph into the Tommy Lee of Momdom, really desiring that Pamela Anderson of a car in a totally brainless way.

It's not that I don't appreciate the new car--heaven's sakes, I never thought I'd own something this nice. But I've been explaining to people that what I'm feeling is like the difference between living with with your beloved husband/wife (Camaro) and your lifelong best friend (CRV). The passion is just not there.

When I walk outside to get into the CRV, I want to say, "Hi. What's up? Wow, you're nice."

However, when I got into my Camaro, it was like, "Vroom, Baby. Where we goin?!"

Anywayz.

All hope is not lost. In buying "drug pop" for the Crazy Love book study teenagers, I noticed this on the 2 liter of Dr. Pepper:



Twenty-three they're giving away. And one has "Lidna" emblazoned upon it, I just know it.

Normally I don't like to buy drug pop for kids, but something told me when I saw this ad, "Don't be so overwrought about a little caffeine. What doesn't kill the teenagers will only make them stronger. And make you happier if per chance you win the Camaro." So I bought Dr. Pepper.

I am so good at youth ministry.

So I entered my code today, and alas, I did not win. I'm not giving up, though, because I think I'm meant to have a Camaro, and right now, being without one is like when Tommy Lee and Pamela break up, but you know it's only for a while because love like that brings you back together no matter how many times you trade-up.

In the meantime, if you would like, you, too, could purchase a DP and enter a code for me because I know you want to see me in brainless love again, don't you?

12 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

If it has Lidna emblazoned on it, how do you know it's yours?

I love Camaros and DPs!!

Kaye Butler said...

OMGosh! The outfit that I picked for you to wear over on my blog would so look totally rockin hottt in that camero!!!!

I love that you call Dr. XXXXX the drug pop. It was my drug of choice for 29 years my parents let me start drup pop at a young age. Remember the 10, 2, and 4 breaks, I had the 8, 9, 10, 11, 12,1, 2 you get the picture. I have been clean for 7months, 22 days, 20 hours, 40minutes and 15 seconds.

I can still smell the aroma from the cute little bubbles...hurry I need my sponsor...

skoots1mom said...

i'll buy you a new front plate if you win one, so keep trying :)

Susanne said...

Well, there is only one solution, keep having teenagers over and keep feeding them Dr. Pepper. That way you keep getting more and more entries. One of them is bound to say "winner"!

"Rachel" said...

Love the last pic of Tommy.

I didn't know about the Camaro contest, which I should have known about, considering the amount of DP we consume around my house.

Kathryn Magendie said...

I once had a camero - a 69 silver camero with leather bucket seats ....oh that car!

Gwendolyn said...

I'm surprised that I didn't know about this, since I consume Diet Dr. Pepper by the gallons. I will start paying attention now, just for you. :o)

Debbie @Like a Rose said...

I feel your pain. However, I'm sorry to say, dear friend, that I'll have to be entering those pop tops for myself. A camaro was my first love (Daddy's '67) and the first car I bought as an adult (a silver '78). A dark blue beauty was Justin's pride and joy too so needless to say there is a very special place in my heart for that car! It's probably the only thing that could fill the hole left by the sad demise of the HHR!

Jenny said...

LOL, I hope you win that camero.

Ginger said...

That is one cool car! Gotta love diet Dr. Pepper too..keeps me going during the school year!

Staci Danford said...

Your posts always fill me with a giggle.. Now what more could a Southern girl ask for .. LOVED it.
Staci

diyfrugal said...

Wow - your blog has really changed! Looks good! Same insanely hilarious pictures. You do know how to find them!

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Sarah
www.genesismoments.com