Did I just say that?
This afternoon we have a home XC meet. I'm supposed to help in the chute as a "catcher." Basically, a catcher, or so I thought, just helps kids as soon as they pass the finish to get off the path.
But then I reviewed the job description:
As the runners enter the chute we must get them into single file, keep them up and walking through the chute. At the end of the chute we will pull the bottom tag off their bib for scoring, then manually write the runners' number down (for scoring backup), then get them out.
The problems arise when runner enters the chute and cramps, faints, is trying to pass/brake line, is dry heaving, or other conditions (unable to proceed under their own effort), we must literally/physically catch them from falling, walk them in position through the line or pending severity of condition, carry them past scoring, out of the chute to EMT.
Dry heaving? Collapsing? Carry them? EMT?!
ALERT!!! I am merely somebody's middle aged mom! I am not qualified for this position!
So I'm hoping and praying everyone stays upright and heave-free.
1. Tell me the absolute best way to watch a movie.
2. Do you ever think about your own funeral? If so, do you have specific ideas about how you would like it to be?
3. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
4. Vacations: planned activities and schedules, or play it by ear?
5. What is one often overlooked item in your home that needs to be cleaned regularly?
6. Name a cause that means a lot to you.
7. Do you eat a regular old peanut butter jelly sandwich, or do you customize it? And by the way, jelly or no jelly?
8. If we were having a conversation in person, how would I know if you were nervous?
9. Do you have an elaborate bedtime routine, or just the basics of toothbrushing and jammies?
10. Have you ever regretted something you wrote on your blog?
11. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous person or celebrity? Did you agree?
12. If you were going to dedicate a song to a loved one or friend, what would the song be and to whom would it be dedicated?