Sunday after church, we had lunch at Chili's to celebrate Katie's 23rd birthday. This kid celebrated all weekend with friends and family.
See what I mean?:
This is Jorge's dad, Jorge Sr., who made the birthday pie I told you about yesterday. The goofball on the end is my middle child, Jordan. Don't these three look a lot alike? Check out the server in the background who looks like she's a ghost or someone moving at warp speed.
Below (not the next picture, but the one after that) is a prop that our senior pastor used this week which my boss and I built. We had some trouble constructing it, which necessitated at one point last Friday my turning it on its side and crawling into it. In a flash I realized, "I'm in our main sanctuary where I have worshiped for 20 years, barefooted, crawling into a 4-ft Plexiglas cube on the stage with my backside facing directly where the congregation sits. This is something I never, ever in a million years thought I would be doing up here."
It made me feel like this, only up front at church:
The Plexiglas cube was a tool to illustrate (by number of balls) how many hours a week a family has to influence children contrasted with the total time per week the church has. We are introducing a new paradigm of ministry based on Deuteronomy 6, where the parents take back the main responsibility of teaching their children spiritually as a part of everyday life and not just depending on Sunday school to be the sum total of their guidance.
OK, if you'd like a head start on the questions for tomorrow's Random Dozen post, here they are:
1. Which is worse: a long, boring meeting or standing in a return/exchange line after Christmas?
2. Except for maybe Rosie O'Donnell or Ann Coulter, nobody likes confrontation, yet we all have to deal with it. When you feel cornered and defensive, do you "bite back" or become passive aggressive?
3. Do you know anything about your genealogical background? (What country, culture, ties to prominent historical figures, or other stuff.)
4. What is the quickest way a person can endear him/herself to you?
5. Cake, pie, cookies, or ice cream? (Note there is no "all of the above" option. You must choose one. Feel free to elaborate on flavor or memories tied to this dessert.) If you'd like, you can share a recipe, but you certainly don't have to.
6. Females: Do you regularly change your handbag to coordinate with your outfit?
7. Are you task-oriented or relationship-oriented?
8. IHOP, Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel?
9. Have you ever left a movie in progress in a theater? Why?
10. What is one area of life in which you would like to develop more discipline or organization?
11. Was middle school fun or painful?
12. What is your favorite Fall beverage?
Come back tomorrow to link up. Have fun!