Saturday, October 03, 2009

Blogging Can Bring Fame, Honor and Adulation. Or Roosters.

I've never met most co-bloggers, but there are a couple I've been privileged to know from way back in the day.

Take Jenny at Jenny Wren's Nest for instance. She was part of a Bible study which met years ago at my church. I was in a weird place in life, depressed but not recognizing that fact yet, searching, frustrated, discontent, not really wanting to connect with other women but wanting something ... spiritual, I guess.

So I figured a "safe" Bible study would be one called, "Our Jewish Roots." After all, that sounded impersonal and simple--just what I was looking for.

On the first day, once it got started, I quickly found out I was in the wrong place with the wrong people. This was "WOMEN'S MINISTRY." [Groan.]

But God intended for me to be there, and I grew to love the group of women who attended, and Jenny was one of them. All along, they were the right people.

Anyway, Jenny is a fairly new blogger, still working out the kinks of balancing blogging and mothering and privacy and technical issues. This week she came into my office to say hello and handed me the above picture.

It seems that her husband had torn it from a magazine and said, "Here is Linda Crow, pouring a 2nd Cup of Coffee." And we both had a good laugh at that.

So, you know, sometimes bloggers are the recipients of fame and golden opportunities, like Deuce on The Today Show, or BooMama at the Dove Awards, but I, I bring out the homespun Heartland adulation: Rooster pages ripped from farming magazines. I love it!

19 comments:

Sarah said...

I must say! That is hilarious! And thanks for sharing a bit of your testimony!

Mocha with Linda said...

That's hilarious!

Mrs. E said...

I'd think that rooster was funny, but he looks a little more awake than I do in the morning! (Oh, and I'd take his feathers over my bedhead any day!!)

Beverlydru said...

When I read your subject line, I thought you were thinking of me. LOL. I am becoming more acquainted with roosters than I ever wanted to be. Ours has some admirable tail feathers now and was able to awaken me this morning with his crowing practice. Lord have mercy. : ) Now I know that's not just a figure of speech. ; )

Merrie said...

That is great! It does fit you since you love both chickens and coffee... Thanks for the smiles (again)

Susanne said...

LOL. Who needs to be a the Dove Awards or on a morning show when you can have this?! Now that deserves a special place on your wall somewhere! Too funny.

Kelly Combs said...

Linda Crow! LOL! Very witty.

2Thinks said...

Given my recent encounter with a real, live devil of a rooster, it is perhaps shocking to hear me say, I love this picture, Lid! So funny. I don't know where you come up with all this stuff, but your blog content still rules the roost in my book.

Cock-a-doodle-do dah day!
Heidi

Jenny wren's nest said...

My whole family has your blog on their favorites list, I love that my daughter has such a good influence on how to express herself in words.
I would love to let her have her own blog but am afraid of internet preditors she is only 12.
Jenny

Amy said...

I hear fame is overrated!! Now getting a picture of a rooster pouring coffee...that's is something. It's like getting that homemade card with way too much glitter and glue from a student it shows you how much someone else was thinking of you...just warms the heart.

Have a great day

Amy

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

I LOVE that picture! I have french country roosters in my kitchen, I love a farm kitchen in the early morning, and I LOVE coffee!

Guess that means I love you, too!
;-)

Melli said...

LOL! I love it! Frame it and put it on your desk!

Isn't it AMAZING how God just does connect us with the RIGHT people at the RIGHT time?! Sometimes it really stuns me!

Dawn said...

Lifting my wing to salute you!!!

Have a great weekend!

Linda said...

And it's a handsome rooster! Where this badge proudly! LOL

skoots1mom said...

too funny

You can share it with Amy Grant when she calls you...you can send it to her cell phone maybe :)

you should make it your banner

Faith Imagined said...

Great picture! Haha!!!

Connie said...

The picture is so funny. I don't know how you get it on your blog when you got it out of a magazine. (I'm new at blogging - not be clever yet when how this works.)

Susan said...

Awwww....love it!!

:-) Susan

Heather of the EO said...

And that. Is the best kind of fame!