Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Wouldja Like a "Thanks Not Cranks" Bracelet and Preview of the Random Dozen?











After yesterday's post about the "Thanks, Not Cranks" bracelet, several of you said you'd like to have one. I don't have many, but I think I can come up with about 5.

It's crazy the amount of influence I have, isn't it.

So if you'd like to join the challenge (which, really, is merely about improving your thought process/attitude a la 2 Corinthians 10:5) then let me know in the comments below, and I'll draw 5 names.

Remember: perfection is not the goal, but growth is.

Wow. That was deep. And stunningly original.

And just as a little extra food for thought, let me share with you what I completely ripped right off of Pastor Shane's FB page today:

T.H.I.N.K. before you speak. Are you about to say something “True, Helpful, Important, Necessary and Kind?" from markbeeson.com.

Finally, I cracked up at how many comments there were about my apparent gift for complaining on this blog.

Wow, new blog title: 2nd Cup of Crank!
OK, here's your preview. Come back tomorrow, Wednesday, to link up to the post that you have written. That you will publish on Wednesday. Which is not the same as Tuesday.

1. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being a cranky-baby-hissy-fitter, how much of a complainer are you?

2. When someone else is talking, do you listen, or are you thinking about what you're going to say in response?

3. I just deleted 1062 messages from my email account. Do you have any plans for a clean sweep this month--of anything?

And now, here are some brilliant questions from a gal named Angie at Angie's Ad Lib who graciously offered to let me borrow her brain. Please go over and see Angie because it was so nice of her to help me out. Thank you so much, Angie!

4. Tell us about your perfume. Was it a gift? What does it remind you of? Do you have a signature scent?

5. What is your best organizing tip for the new year?

6. What is your favorite comic strip?

7. Do you sleep with a fluffy or flat pillow?

8. What color is your kitchen? Why did you choose that color?

9. What’s the most interesting bumper sticker you’ve seen?

10. Do you prefer an expensive writing tool or whatever is lying around? (Are you a Montblanc or a Papermate?)

11. What chore doesn’t feel like a chore – you just enjoy it (at least most of the time)?

12. If your parents often repeated themselves, what is something one of them said more than once?

22 comments:

auburnchick said...

Am I the first? Oh yeah...I'm the only one up this late, I guess.

Please put my name in the running for the bracelet. I'm sure my teenagers will help "remind" me about switching it (I'm assuming you switch it from arm to arm every time you complain, right...unless I wasn't paying close enough attention to your previous post).

mtnest423 said...

I don't necessarily 'want' a Crank bracelet - I NEED one. I have been gently nudged into realizing just how much I complain. And it's not pretty.

SusanD said...

Oh yes....please. Put my name in the hat for one of those bracelets. Thanks for offering them. Blessings, SusanD

kburger5 said...

Okay...here is another commenter hoping to get some visual help with complaining. I promise not to complain if you don't pick me.

Teresa (no blog to link..sniff, sniff...I'm blogless)

Catherine said...

I would definitely like to join in the challenge!

Linda said...

I could use the bracelet as a reminder. Then we can support each other on being less cranky!

Lorri said...

Good morning Lid,

I looked all over online for one of these bracelets yesterday when I read your post. I think I found your pastor's website about them, but couldn't find how to obtain one. Please draw my name! I mean, it should be my turn, right? I never get drawn for anything! (oops, if I had a bracelet, I'd be switching arms right now... )

Thanks!
Lorri

Hi, I'm Angie! said...

Thanks for the "shout out!" Hope everyone has fun answering the questions this week!

Yes, I'd like to put my name in the running too. I'm sure I could use a little wrist swapping around here.

bensrib said...

You know, this "watch what comes out of your mouth" thing seems to be a theme with quite a few people this year. I'd already decided I needed to be more edifying with my speech, so I was nodding in agreement reading your first post about the bracelet. And laughing and how often you switched sides—I'm right there with you. I hereby hesitatingly submit my name for the drawing. May God have mercy on my complainy mouth.

Pam from alertandorientedx4 said...

I am often a 'crank.' Getting my 13-year old to rise from his bed in the morning tends to make me REAL cranky. And you know what? As much as I hate hearing OTHER people being cranky, sometimes (more like oftentimes) I feel a certain sense of entitlement to be cranky. So, yes. Please enter me in the bracelet drawing. :/ Can't wait to answer some of the RD questions tomorrow.

Mocha with Linda said...

Your new blog title is great! And I love the THINK mnemonic.

I'll pass on the bracelet though. It would drive me crazy.

I can't believe you put question #3 today of all days!

Patrice said...

I need the bracelet...I really needed it this morning! If you have some to spare, if not I am thinking of using a rubber band...I need a good pop sometimes! HA!

Cathy Davis said...

I would love a bracelet! (Keeping in the spirit of the challenge, that's all I'm gonna say !)

Sara said...

You are not gonna believe this... I came across your Pastor Shane's acrostic maybe 2 years ago and printed it on little blue cards for myself and a few others. The other day I came across the card in my bedroom and made a mental note to put it where I'd see it more frequently. This weekend, as I was moving laundry from the washer to the dryer, there were all these scraps of blue paper and I realized, "My T.H.I.N.K. card got into the laundry and has been destroyed!"

I made ANOTHER mental note (I know... seems like a bad place for me to be making notes) to try to find that acrostic again and redo the card. So, thank you, God and Linda, for so graciously taking care of that for me. I do need to master control of my tongue - God knows it and is mighty to help me!

skoots1mom said...

put my name in the hat, too...crank is a normal I HAVE and He helps me fight it...

TheRixonFive said...

I would joint the challenge for sure! I try, but ... Lordy!

Tabi said...

I started it yesterday and wow it's amazing what a complainer I apparently am! Told my hubby what I wanted to do and you know he was more than happy to help correct me! I would love a bracelet!

Betty said...

I´m a complainer for sure! I totally NEED that bracelet. What a great idea to better yourself!

2cats said...

Like others have said I might not want one but I really do need one. Please put me in the drawing. Thank you.
I'll be back tomorrow for the Random Dozen

Another Suburban Mom said...

I would love a bracelet so please put me in the drawing. I will also be back for Random Dozen tomorrow.

Darlene R. said...

I would LOVE to have a Crank bracelet!! I actually am going to talk to our Pastor's wife about doing this in our women's Bible study group. What a cool idea. Who doesn't need to be reminded not to be a crank, but to be thankful?? :)

Franbles said...

This another thank you for my thanks not cranks bracelet. I finally got my post up about it and where it fit into what the Lord was doing in my life. It was excellent timing!
It's here: http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/franbles99/763449/
God bless you and I hope you are feeling completely better now!
Sarah