Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Random Answers

1. If you could compete in one Olympic event (not necessarily winter sports) what would it be?

Running

2. Do remember a specific Olympic moment from the past?

1980's "Miracle On Ice" when the American underdogs beat the Russians in hockey. I was a junior in high school, alone in my house watching, which is amazing to me now, and I got so into it that I was jumping around yelling.

And it was so easy to jump up and down for goalie Jim Craig. Hel-lo, Jim Craig. Are you old now like me?

3. Have you ever known anyone who competed in the Olympics?

No. But my sister-in-law, back in the 1960's, was a world champion roller skater. She was on Wide World of Sports once.

4. If everyday activities were Olympic-worthy, which activity would you have a gold medal in?

Wielding a curling iron.




5. Do you know anything about your ethnic heritage?

My dad told me that we are Pennsylvania Dutch, which is humorous to me. I guess it doesn't sound very glamorous. Sounds like the name of a train hobo to me. "How 'bout sharin' a can o' beans with ol' Pennsylvania Dutch?"

6. Do you enjoy sleeping late?

No. I enjoy sleeping until I'm ready to wake up, but I rarely sleep late.

7. Have you ever performed CPR on anyone? Do you know how? (Yes, that's two, I know. Whatevs.)

No. I have been shown many times, but due to the stress of imagining myself in that moment while being taught, I promptly forget everything.

8. Name one country you'd like to visit and explain why.

France. I've always been a Francophile. Love the language, mostly. Since I've grown up a bit, I am aware there is some cultural unpleasantness there that would not enamor me, but I'll always have a place in ma coeur pour la francaise. I probably just butchered that sentence. Pardonnez-moi.

9. Have you ever fixed up a couple romantically?

Yes. In high school, I fixed up a couple. They actually got married right after high school, so it was a whopping success, until they got a divorce. Yikes. I've never done that since.

10. What is the last book you read?

Water for Elephants. Loved most of it, but it had some violence and sexuality that I did not care for.

11. Do you enjoy sleeping late? NO, YOU write the question! How's that for random??

I would just like to apologize for my diminishing brain cells that caused me to repeat the question. Pardonnez-moi, Sylvia Plath. I mean, s'il vous plait.

12. What is your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant?

Vegetable nachos at a local authentic-but-not-really Mexican restaurant called Puerta Vallarta.

Thanks for playing this week!

17 comments:

lagirl said...

"Weilding a Curling Iron" - scary stuff! I bet you train every day!
Such dedication.

Atypical Girl said...

I'm PA German (Dutch) and we are awesome...and do, in fact, talk like that. :)

Nel said...

Enjoyed your answers. Good with that curling iron huh? Thanks for hosting this meme. I have met some fantastic ladies thru the Random Dozen.

until next time... nel

Barbie said...

Loved your answers, as always, especially the curling iron one! Blessings!

Susanne said...

Weilding a curling iron, too funny. I can see it now.

Isn't it funny but I would put running at the bottom of the list for sports I would want to do in the Olympics. I'm a running for the sake of running wimp.

Mocha with Linda said...

Ahem, what makes you think you can evade #11?!

If you're PA Dutch, do you have Amish in your history or among your relatives?

Your answers always make me laugh.

CeeCee said...

Funny! A curling iron, LOL. France would be next on my list. Have a great week!

Melli said...

LOL! Love your Olympic event! I had put eating... but I've decided I'm even better at procrastination! I could probably do double gold in THAT arena! (short program and long!)

Veggie tacos sound wOnderful! I'm hungry right now...

Betty said...

Pennsylvania dutch? Isn´t that just a different word for Amish or Mennonite? :) You should ask your dad. I love it! :)

Amy said...

Totally forgot about that moment. We were watching at our house and our neighbors all came out and were yelling "U-S-A, U-S-A". It was a very cool moment. The movie was good too.

Amy

skoots1mom said...

i was eager to read YOUR new question...
veggie nachos sound great...will have to try those

Mom24 said...

I'm a fellow Francophile. I love everything French as well, even now as I'm also aware of some negatives I used to be oblivious to.

Sleeping until I'm ready to wake up--that would be the ultimate!

Just Breathe said...

Enjoyed reading your answers. I didn't know they had vegetable nachos out there. I bowl with a woman who was born & raised in France. I just love listening to her talk. I am enjoying the Random Dozen each week, thank you.

Shawna said...

I don't have a "random dozen" comment or response, but I did want to tell you that you are looking so thin, in shape, and genuinely gorgeous. I'm so proud of your hard work! You're glowing. :)

SouthLakesMom said...

As always, Linda, it is good to come here and just enjoy being loved. Really - that's how I feel here! And when I visit the (mostly) ladies who have joined in, I feel even more connections of love. Very cool.

I think my daughter would love living with you. She is taking French this year and her teacher told me she is a "natural" French speaker. Probably because she is dramatic with her words and hand movements. They just did a project where they had to tell about their family to the whole class, all in French. My daughter made up two extra brothers who were WAY more interesting than her normal family. I'm pretty sure she got an "A". She used a photo of Mark Hamill for one brother and none of the kids knew it was Luke Skywalker.

See what I mean?

Have a great Thursday!

Abiding Branch said...

Sylvia Plath! ahhh mother! lol

You are too funny! Oh btw, love Panera too!!! when I learned of muffies 12 years ago my life was never the same.

Dawn said...

Did you enjoy Water for Elephants? My mom read it, and it's been on my list forever, but my list is always growing :(

~Dear Daughter ♥