Monday, February 15, 2010

Sometimes, Nice Happens

Sometimes, nice happens.

Last week, an old friend stopped by my office to say hello, and she came bearing gifts.

This is Kathy, and she is the one to whom I lied recently in order to help her daughter surprise her for her …. Momentous … birthday.



Kathy is a rep for a company called Thirty-One.

Here are the gifts that Kathy brought me from her company, and I’m still bubbling over with “I can’t believe you did this; I don’t deserve this” feelings.

Can you believe it? Why are people so nice to me??

The funny thing about the note cards is that she ordered the print to read, “Lidna.” But the smart people at the company said, “Hey, this rep may be one of our best, but apparently, she can’t spell. So we’re fixing this for her and Linda.”

Kathy received the corrected notes and then promptly requested a correction on the corrected notes.

Are you sensing she went to a lot of trouble for me?

So I have a set of regular notes with the name my mom gave me in honor of a 1940’s movie star, Linda Darnell, and a set of notes memorializing the way I type my name 9 times out of 10 because the fingers are not necessarily always in sync with the brain.

What a great surprise. Thank you, thank you, Kahthy! KAHTY! It was a mistake, but I'm leaving it!

Question: Has anyone surprised you like this, or have you blessed anyone in a similar manner? What was the occasion, or non-occasion?


19 comments:

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

My daughter knitted a scarf for me for Valentine's Day. I was so excited and felt so special!

Barbie said...

What lovely gifts! They are beautiful!

Jeanie said...

Your gifts from "Kahty" are great and all the more fun because they are so personal to you. So funny that the smart people at her company tried to correct things for her.

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Weeell, I felt pretty special when I won a really far-out mousepad that says "I {heart} Ken Lee" on it...but also received some other fun stuff just because my friend was feeling generous. Made me feel pretty special, too! :-)

"Do unto others..." and you do, dear Lidna!

Have a blessed day with your groovy gifts!

Mocha with Linda said...

Y'know, if she hadn't put the blog address on the note cards, I could just swipe them for myself!

And of course people do nice things for you! You are a fun friend! And I mean that Liderally!

Susanne said...

Those are sweet! I love those kinds of surprises.

Tabi said...

Those are soo cute! Love that she made sure to spell it that way!

O Mom said...

That is so seeet! And I love friends that just get you...spelling your name wrong....:)

Nel said...

Oh what fun! How sweet of her.

until next time... nel

Stephanie said...

That is an adorable present!
weight loss

skoots1mom said...

Go, Kahty!!! Liddie, people do these things b/c they <3 U! 'nuff said. God grows <3 thru <3...it grows exponentially.
So tickled for you, they are beautiful gifts...what a blessing to have such a sweet friend.
I was blessed with many, many birthday wishes and a beautifully fuchsia kalanchoe in a great 'scripture reference' vase...i have it pictured in my Project 365 post :)

Connie said...

What a sweet thing to do for you.
I love the mis-spelling of your name.

Amy said...

I am easily surprised...stopping by my blog and writing a really nice comment was a nice "gift" from you!!

Thanks
Amy

Betty said...

What a sweet friend!! A keeper, for sure! Love the cards.

Kelly Combs said...

Awesome! Love the gifts.

2cats said...

Love the cards and the towel. When I type my name I often put the u in front of the r. My name is Trudy, you figure it out.
I have an online friend, we have never met, probably never will. She sent me a just because quilt that she had made. She makes quilts for a living. She thought I would like the one she sent me. Well, yeah, duh. I sure do. I will keep her as you should keep your friend too.

Angie's Ad Lib said...

Love the gifts! I'm glad you get to enjoy her thoughtfulness over and over again.

Vashti said...

Funny stuff. What a sweet gift, and very funny!

candytroutman said...

http://candytroutman.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/healing-gift-from-sheila-taylor.jpg

A friend just did the same for me today, Linda. What a surprise and I've been blessed all day long.

Love your blog!