Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner and Random Dozen Preview

**EDIT: It has been graciously pointed out to me that I have repeated question #6 at #11. I will have you know that this passed my laser-like editing skills THREE times before I posted. Again I ask the rhetorical: "What is wrong with my brain?" I plead cold medicine brain. OK, so you know what? PLEASE MAKE YOUR OWN QUESTION FOR SPOT #11 AND ANSWER. THAT WILL PROBABLY BE WAY BETTER THAN WHAT I WOULD HAVE COME UP WITH, ANYWAY!!









The winners were chosen by a random integer selector, which is easier than it sounds, since I kept Googling phrases like, "Random Dozen Selector. Random Dozen Integer. Random Dozen Numbers." What is wrong with my brain? That was a rhetorical question.

Anyway, the winners are:
Aprons: Deven of The Daily Swan
T-shirts: SouthLakesMom at I Didn't Know That!
And my Co-Lid, Linda, at Mocha With Linda

Ladies, the gifts were shipped off Saturday, so be on the look-out. Deven, no pressure, but we'd love to see a pic of you and your little girl in the aprons.

Do you guys like these apron giveaways? Because I have a source which seems never to dry up: Sherry, my volunteer friend at the bookstore just outside the office where I work. Not that some of my friends are volunteer and some are paid; I mean she volunteers at the bookstore.


Although this begins with a salute to the Olympics, you'll notice about half-way through these questions that I turn the corner and go off on another path as fast as a luge rounding a bend. Hence the name: Random.

1. If you could compete in one Olympic event (not necessarily winter sports) what would it be?
2. Do remember a specific Olympic moment from the past?
3. Have you ever known anyone who competed in the Olympics?
4. If everyday activities were Olympic-worthy, which activity would you have a gold medal in?
5. Do you know anything about your ethnic heritage?
6. Do you enjoy sleeping late?
7. Have you ever performed CPR on anyone? Do you know how? (Yes, that's two, I know. Whatevs.)
8. Name one country you'd like to visit and explain why.
9. Have you ever fixed up a couple romantically?
10. What is the last book you read?
11. Do you enjoy sleeping late? NO, YOU write the question! How's that for random??
12. What is your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant?

OK: Read, ruminate, write and return tomorrow for the link up! Have a great Tuesday, everyone! You can't hear me, doggone it, but I'm singing the Olympic theme song at the top of my lungs: Daaah-Daah- Da-da, dah dah-duh ...."

17 comments:

Vashti said...

Hiya. Good questions but #6 and #11are the same. I will join in in a bit!

Another Suburban Mom said...

I am so bummed I did not win the cute Apron. Does your friend have an esty site where I can buy some?

I also love the RD questions this week and mine will be up tomorrow.

mtnest423 said...

I'm thinking that you must enjoy sleeping late...because you asked that question twice. :)

Tabi said...

Congrats to the winners!

Dena said...

I've been unable to participate in your Random Dozen fun times for a few weeks, and I've missed it. Looking forward to joining back up again this week! :)

Congrats to the winners! Those are so cute.

Susanne said...

Well we are singing the theme song and the national anthem (that would be the Canadian one), 'cause Canada, on the weekend, won it's first ever Olympic gold medal on home soil. WhooHoo! Yes, we jumped up and down when it happened.

Congrats to the apron winners.

Mocha with Linda said...

Woohoo for the shirt!

Fun questions - you should get a Gold Medal for creating this meme! I'll send you some flour. :-) (And I linked it just in case that's a regional product.)

You have now gotten the Olympic song in my head. As if it needed any help!

Volunteer friends - that cracked me up. You just better not let us volunteers know that others are getting paid!!

Lois Lane II said...

Those aprons are too cute! Lucky winners! =)

Nel said...

Lol When I first saw the duplicate question about sleeping late, I thought maybe my hubby had emailed her. lol. So glad it was an oversight and not geared towards anyone in particular...lolol
Can't wait to answer, going to have to do some thinking on some of them. Congrats apron winners!

until next time... nel

SouthLakesMom said...

How about adding that "when you visit someone's blog, answer THEIR question #11 in the comments"

That will give us multiple layers of interactivity!

Nieman Family said...

Fun...I just happend to find your blog today and decided to play...Thanks...

Deven said...

Fully intend to follow through with the apron pics. Katy has wanted one of her own since we made homemade blackberry jelly this summer. :) Looking forward to seeing them live and in person!

Jeff and Valerie Carr said...

cool revolving globe!

Cathy said...

Fun questions. thanks.

Hope you get over that cold real soon.

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Um, I had to answer the one non-rhetorical question in here (besides the Dozen, of course) and say YES! I love the idea of apron giveaways, because I heart aprons.

I love anything old-fashioned. Well, just about, anyway. I can think of a few...oh, nevermind.

Aprons are great.

Susan said...

I had to laugh that you used the word "ruminate"...last Sunday our pastor included that in our small group notes where he asked us to "ruminate on" a scripture. I laughed and said to my husband, "I wonder how many people are saying, "WHAT!?!"

:-)

joyce said...

Hi, I wandered over from "Easy Street". I like the style of your blog, I have a hard time with those templates! your random dozen questions were what enticed me over.