Monday, March 08, 2010

He Arrived March 8, 1989



He is 21 years old today. The world sees him as just another guy. Just another man on the planet. But he is so much more to me.

His name is Jordan Michael.
He is my only middle child.
He is my only son.
He is my pride and joy.
He is everything I hoped having a son would be, and is NOT everything I feared a son would be.
He is smart (very smart), sensitive, compassionate, loves justice and equality.
He loves to laugh.
He used to love the Ninja Turtles, his blanky, his pacifier (boopy) and milk.
Today he loves sports, being around his girlfriend and his life in general.

He is 21 years old. Twenty-one. Twenty-one years ago today, the longest pregnancy in the history of mankind came to and end, and I had a son.

He is my great, great joy.

Love you, Jord. Happy birthday!










Coconut Cake

Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix (not the kind with pudding in the mix)
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 sm. can cream of coconut (about 1 c.)
1 envelope dry Dream Whip
1 container Cool Whp
Coconut flakes for topping

Directions:
Bake cake as directed; cool 15 mins.
With the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes in cake 1" apart, half-way down, all over cake.
Mix together cream of coconut and sweetened milk. Pour over cake, making sure to pour into holes.
Refrigerate 24 hrs. If you can't do 24 hrs., remember the longer it sits, the better it gets.
Ice with mixed Dream Whip and Cool Whip. Sprinkle with coconut.

23 comments:

auburnchick said...

Ok...I'm teary-eyed. I, too, have a son. He hasn't reached the "21" milestone, but he sounds a lot like your precious Jordan.

Sniff, sniff.

I hope you all have a wonderful time celebrating this momentous day!!!!

Smelling Coffee said...

What a sweet post and tribute to your son. I can't imagine my son being 21, but the past 13 years have flown by, so I'm sure the next ones will, too.

That cake is a favorite recipe of ours. Haven't made it in a while. Thanks for the reminder.

Blessings to you~ Great FB profile pic btw.
Jennifer

Kimberly Job said...

What sweet pictures. Thanks for sharing. I can tell how proud you are of him.

Mary said...

Happy Birthday, Linda's son! How handsome he is!

Mocha with Linda said...

He was adorable - and he's still is! Hope we can all sufficiently embarrass him with our comments!

Happy Birthday to your boy.

H-Mama said...

Awww... Happy Birthday to your baby boy!

Baba said...

Good morning Linda, wishing your son Jordan a "happy 21st birthday".. he is very good looking..thanks for sharing these precious pictures of him.. hugs, Baba

Jeanie said...

A great tribute to the young man in your life. Those years do fly by, don't they? Happy birthday to Jordan.

Angie's Ad Lib said...

Awww. Happy Birthday Jordan! What a proud Mama. :)

Joyce said...

Happy Birthday to your son! I have a 21 yo daughter and I just love this age. Such interesting people.

The cake looks yummy-coconut anything is my favorite.

Carmen said...

Happy Birthday to Jordan--and enjoy that incredible cake. I hear these kind of cakes are supposed to be very tasty!!

Jewel said...

Such a precious post, Linda. I have a son who is 23 that I feel the same way about. Aren't they just the best?
Happy birthday, Jordan!!!

The "Quiet" One... said...

What a sweet tribute and Happy Birthday Jordan!

I have a nephew, Jordan and coconut cake is my all time favorite. You guys really know how to party! :D

SouthLakesMom said...

I'm guessing the photo of the guy holding the baby is Jorge holding Jordan? And the photo of the guy with 21 in the background is Jordan? Wow - do they look alike or WHAT?

Congratulations on reaching this milestone, Lid! You know, in Peru they give the MOTHER a gift on the child's birthday . . .

And how did you look so gorgeous after giving birth! All my post birth photos look like I should crop the mother out!

Have a wonderful celebration with him.

Susanne said...

A son to be very proud of, for sure! Such a nice post dedicated to Jordan. And I know I say this every time but, man oh man, that boy looks like his dad! :v)

Happy, happy Birthday Jordan!

Pam Ponder said...

that was so sweet, he is very handsom and you have a right to be proud, Happy birthday Jordon!!!

Dena said...

Happy 21st birthday to Jordan....who by the way looks A LOT like daddy. :)

Ginger said...

Happy bday to your son. Hope your fam. enjoys the celebration.

Just Breathe said...

Sweet post. Happy Birthday Jordan.
He is so handsome and I know you are a proud momma!

Heth said...

Happy Birthday Jordan. Old photos are so fun Linda. Also, that is my favorite cake ever. My grandma makes it. YUMMO!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday to Jordan....

Cool commonality.... I had my first born on MARCH 8....1987...

Kimberly said...

great post on your son!!! My girls are 19 and 15.

Stephanie said...

What a milestone! Hope the celebration was wonderful.
9 weight loss