1. Do you prefer even or odd numbers? Any particular reason?
Even, because they're divisible. Anything to make math one tiny bit easier, please.
2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being "not at all" and 10 being Carly Simon-worthy, how vain are you?
I'd say 8 because I grew up in an environment where appearances are of the utmost importance. It will be a long time, if ever, when I can completely overcome that.
3. Among these Irish stereotypes, with which do you identify most closely? Talkative, Proud, Inquisitive, Love to party, Hot-tempered
Inquisitive. Last night my husband criticized me because I cannot even hear a joke and not try to figure out why it was so funny to me. Pride is probably just as strong a force, unfortunately.
4. How lucky do you consider yourself?
My mom avers that one of my brothers and I are lucky. I have no idea how she developed this theory. Perhaps I won "Pin the Tail on the Donkey" and the potato race back to back at a couple of birthday parties when I was little. I did win a wedding sweepstakes right before I got married, but that's about it. However, if my mom wants to think I'm lucky, then I see no harm in that delusion.
5. What is the subject of your favorite post that you've written?
Clinton Kelly and Dave Barry. And maybe the kids.
6. Describe March weather where you live in three words.
Slushy, unpredictable, phony (trying to be Spring, but never quite makes the cut.)
7. How apt are you at detecting blarney when you hear it? (Smooth talk, flattery)
Pretty good. I used to be gullible but not anymore. There is someone on FB who flatters me all the time, but I'm onto her now. Now I am cracking up thinking, "'Onto her' as in 'Hey, do ya have anything you want to say to me today?'" Just because I know it's blarney doesn't mean I can't stand to hear it once in a while!
8. How "green" are you, environmentally speaking?
Um, purple. Or anything but green. Sorry.
9. What is your favorite song this week?
"Mercy," by Duffy. I just discovered her music lately, and I'm about to sicken myself with it because I'm replaying it so much. Can't help it. She also does "Warwick Avenue" and "Scared," which I love, love, love.
10. You are walking along and see a coin on the ground. What denomination does it have to be before you will stop to pick it up?
Dime. Am I cheap?
11. Complete the sentence: "Every time I look outside my window ...."
"I can't wait to put on my shoes and go running for the first time in months!"
12. What was the #1 song on the day you were born? See this site to find out.
"Sherry" by the Four Seasons. 1962.
If this doesn't make you sing "yeah, yeah, yeah," I don't think you have a pulse.