Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Pictures from the Party and Link Up for the Dozen Today

Here are pics from my "Aloha, LOST" party Sunday night. You can speed up the show by clicking on the + sign. My two favorite decorations were the cake, featuring palm trees and a polar bear and a plane crashing into the ocean, and the "Smoke Monster," which was four bags of batting adhered together with spray adhesive and then spray painted black. Smokey rocked. :)

The food was great, but I couldn't get the pics to upload. Trust me. It was great.

The "Dharma" wrappers on water and chocolate bars were from the show, as well.

There are people in this group that we work with and go to church with, mainly. There is one picture where I'm sitting between two women on the sofa. The one to my right is Cindy, who got me hooked on LOST many years ago. The woman on my left is Debbie, who I turned on to LOST a couple of years ago. So you have my personal LOST legacy there on the sofa.

There was also a group on Facebook who I first met through blogging here at 2nd Cup which talked each week on line during commercials. That was so fun, too. I wished they could have been at the party. I will miss those weekly chats! For us FB LOSTIES, it was a matter of "Watch together or be confused alone," a take-off on the main character's tag line: "Live together or die alone."

We had so much fun! Sad that it's over, but this is one fan who was not disappointed in the ending. What a ride!




OK, that's enough of that--on to the Random! (You can see the questions on yesterday's post.)



34 comments:

Jill said...

I hate being up this late, but if I have to anyway, I might as well take advantage by being THE FIRST!!!!! Have a good one!

auburnchick said...

Ha, ha, ha!! Loved the pictures! Especially the one of the pup!! heehee

Did you make the cake yourself? Is cake decorating something I don't know about you?

Oh, and did you watch Jimmy Kimmel's special after? I recorded it and just watched. Love the VW van sequence. Too cute!

Thanks for fun questions this week. It was a good combination of "make you think" and "easy-peasy."

Bernie said...

First time doing this one... It took me a little while to do, but its done now at AussiePomm!

Ordinarily Just Me said...

I must say I enjoyed these questions. Thanks for not making it a chore.

Robin @ Be Still and Know said...

I think we are all going to have LOST with-drawls.

I am now going to have to restrain myself not to jump up and check my Facebook mail during every commercial :(

R

Another Suburban Mom said...

Thanks for this week's questions, they were a lot of fun.

Holly Solomon Barrett said...

Loved your party pictures. And enjoyed this week's questions too. Thanks!

AllyJo said...

I've never done this before. Thanks for hosting. You made me think about some things I hadn't thought before. Blessings to you.

Christine said...

Thanks for hosting. Can't wait to read everyone's stuff!

Mocha with Linda said...

Okay, if this is what you mean by party, I change my answer to #1 to "attend." I am so not a decorator. Looks like a good time was had by all. After seeing that video the other day, I'm kinda surprised the plane on the cake wasn't cut into 2 pieces!

Dogmom Diva said...

Hi Linda, Loved your party pics..what was that over your window, were those blinds that looked like the beach..very cool..wish I had been there.
A little late posting but better late than never!

Have a great week!
Barb

Just Breathe said...

OMG your party was so cute. I will miss LOST. Thank you for the Random Dozen each week.

Fallan said...

The smoke monster looks really cool and realistic! Looks like you guys had fun!

Jennifer said...

Love this!!! New follower too!!
http://5lilchicks-jennifer.blogspot.com/

Beth said...

That is awesome! You are way more creative than I have ever thought of being! :) Of course I'm also still half a season behind!

Shawna said...

Girl, you are a serious LOST fanatic! Or just a really good hostess. You probably go all out for every party you throw. :)

Susanne said...

I wanna come to one of your parties. It looks like it was so much fun. Gotta the smoky monster thingy.

krystina said...

I enjoyed this week's questions!

tilden talks... said...

I've never seen LOST.

MamaTink said...

Posted this on my site! And added my link!

Jackie said...

First time participant here...it was a good way to get rid of my bloggers block!

barbarah said...

I LOVE that cake! It must be fun to have people to watch and discuss it with. I watched with my family, but they don't discuss shows as much as I liked to.

The Phool said...

Great questions again this week. Awesome decorations for the Losties party too!

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

Love the dirt monster.

Cathy said...

Looks like a fun party! I watched Lost in the beginning, but then I got lost and lost interest. lol

Maribeth said...

Sorry I am late. The post was up early, but alas, I am late going around!

Coggie said...

Great Questions this week. Looks like you had fun with the party.

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

You are so awesome. That cake ROCKS!

And BTW, you look incredible! I don't know what all you're doing to get in such good shape, but it's working! Good job!

Tom and Karen Mortensen said...

I did it. This was fun.

Tom and Karen Mortensen said...

I am sorry. I didn't do it after all. I couldn't paste the picture into my blog post. Sorry.

Mom Taxi Julie said...

I never watched Lost! From what I've heard the finale was still pretty confusing.

I linked up to the Random Dozen but post won't show up until Thursday night.

foxylady said...

My daughter Kirsty in Australia does the randomdozen and I love it..YAY..and I hated the lost ending

Laura said...

I love LOST (I was bummed they didn't explain the island or dharma...)and I loved your answers to the questions- I can't wait to get into a smaller size! I'm close I think! :-)

Mitz said...

These were 'good' questions... very thought-provoking I guess, it took me a while to finish... THANKS so much for this. It's so much fun... it's also fun to read others. No one leaves me comments though... but I assume others read it. =)(But I know I do it for me... not for them.) GOD BLESS YOU!