Friday, May 07, 2010

So Much Going On


This weekend includes a Mother's Day luncheon with my mom at her church, then helping my youngest daughter get ready for prom, then off to a celebratory dinner for my son's girlfriend who graduates from college. Did I mention we're going to meet her parents for the first time at dinner? (What am I going to wear??)

So there's a lot going on, and of course, there's some prom drama. I will summarize it by re-posting my Facebook status update:

God gave me two daughters because He knew that someday one would have to serve as a 3rd party diplomatic mediator between the other and me. Read: prom preparations. However, the diplomat has also offered to draw angel wings on the other's back with a Sharpie and add, "Prom 4 Evah!"

5 comments:

Susanne said...

We've got a high school graduation this weekend so I totally relate to the very busy weekend. Keeps life exciting. Every family needs a diplomat in times like this. Even one with a sharpie. :v)

Joyce said...

Have fun! It all sounds like fun : ) We are in the midst of graduation festivities here too...We have yet to meet the boyfriends parents but we love the boy my oldest has been dating. We did finally meet my younger daughter's bf yesterday and he said he admired my hubs for keeping up with the three of us girls....apparently we talk. Alot. Enjoy all the events on your calendar.

Mocha with Linda said...

Ah, what a fun weekend you have! I hope you let us know how the dinner with your girlfriend's parents go. Are she and your son talking about "permanency"?

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

May is always a busy month here....school is finishing up, graduation, prom, Mother's Day...and my sweet Frank's birthday.

Nicole said...

As the mother of 2 girls, I think I'll bookmark this post for my future reference :)