Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I'm Still Processing, But I Do Have SOMETHING to Share


I'm still processing my trip and getting used to being back in the saddle again. I have been to Walmart. I have seen Stick Man (Have I told you about Stick Man?) and I have now gone back to work as of today.

When I last sat at my desk, my computer was slower than molasses through a straw. I couldn't wait to leave it behind, along with other everyday annoyances. However, when you run away from a problem, you always have to face it again at some point, and so it was with the computer.

It would not boot up today. AARGH! I was so frustrated! I thought, "WHY does this have to happen to me? Why couldn't I just come back here and start up a normal day? Why did I have to face a problem first thing? HOW LONG O LORD?" And then I realized: someone had turned off my monitor while I was gone.

So, you know. Never mind and all that.

Yesterday, I pointed you toward vinegar. Today, I point you toward money.

Free money.

I went to "Unclaimed Money, Indiana" and searched my name. Turns out I can quit my job and go live on the beach because I'm owed the stunning sum of ....

Wait for it ...

$22.48.

Yes, Two-Two-Four-Eight. Twentah-Too, Fortah-Eight. Who do we appreciate? Unclaimed Money, that's who!!

I have no idea what/who/how. I just know I found $22.48 in my pocket book, so to speak.
WOWZERS!
So you should check, too, to see if your state is holding your pocketbook for you while you went to the powder room. You never know what might have fallen out!

16 comments:

Christine said...

Nothing for me:( Oh well, I guess I can't take a trip to Starbucks yet....

SouthLakesMom said...

My state would have it in Jack Benny's vault...Virginia tries to tax people who are simply passing through!

Welcome home. And that monitor thing . . . um, yeah. Been there.

Lea said...

Oh, I know you likely do not want to hear this, but I so miss Random Dozen! I can't wait for it to return,but so glad that you enjoyed some time away and hope you feel refreshed and renewed. Blessings to you! Hugs!

Mocha with Linda said...

So what are you going to spend the big bucks on?!

And I may have a poor memory, but what is Stick Man?

2Thinks said...

I cannot believe your good fortune. First the computer issue- poof!-fixed, now this moolah coming your way. Baby, it's your lucky day!

Barbie said...

Oh you make me laugh. Too funny about the monitor! I, unfortunately, do not have any unclaimed money owed to me. Oh darn!

"Just Me - NC Beth" said...

I couldn't help but laugh at the "computer trauma"!!

Glad you're "on the money", too! Nice surprise, huh? I had checked our states "escheat funds" list early on and nope, not a penny for me!

~Beth

Debbie's L'Bri said...

no money for me...

skoots1mom said...

so happy to hear nothing has happened to stickman...
when i worked downtown @ my company's HQ we had a homeless man who collected garbage bags...he'd tie them around each leg, like bandanas. Never saw if he ever filled any of them. We used to count them daily on his legs as we were walking to the train.
Glad you've still got computer access.
I'll have to go checkout our state website and see if there's money...

skoots1mom said...

so what was w/ the vinegar? the site is gone now and i tried to get there too late, i guess

Thena said...

I have to agree with Lea, I miss random dozen. I may not have always participated but it made it easier to have something to blog about on Wednesdays.
Is the wmoney website legitimate. It says I may have about 1200.00. In which seems very hard to believe.

The "Quiet" One... said...

Had to leave a comment this time around, but it won't be too long because I'm on my way to see if there's any money out there for me! Happy Thursday Lid. :o)

Mary said...

No moolah for moi! I was laughing about the monitor being off...that sounds like something I'd do!

Kelly Combs said...

I always thought that "unclaimed money" thing was a scam to get criminals to come in to get "free money" and then they arrest them. Are you sure you don't have any outstanding warrants? Just saying.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

16.45 is what I got last year on unclaimed money, Alabama. I thought wooo hoooo.....it was 16.45 more than I had at the time. Sorry to hear about your computer. I have been fighting with mine lately. We defragged it and it has been working like a top.

Cathy said...

Well have fun spending your big windfall and what is stickman?