Wednesday, August 04, 2010

I Know You Think I Make This Stuff Up

I've been walking (well, twice now) with a group of Facebook/high school friends along the dark green but charming "White River" that runs through our town. Last night on the walk, out of nowhere, a female bicyclist wrecked into me from behind.

I know you think I make this stuff up.

No one in the group heard her or her bicycle. I was just walking along, when all of a sudden, there was a person saying, "I'm going to hit you!" and then BOOM, she made good on her promise.

Remarkably, it did not hurt me or knock me down, but it did both to her. Her knee was bleeding, and she was definitely dazed. Ironically, almost as soon as she stood up, she looked at one of my walking mates and said, "You're a '[his last name]', aren't you?" She remembered him from years ago. Very surreal.

After both of us apologized profusely (I was certain I somehow caused this) she gathered herself back up, and we walked on.

So within a week, my table caught on fire at the wedding reception, and someone bicycled me from behind.

Moral of this story: If you are traveling/socializing with me, please respect my aura of "Oh no," and stay about 3 feet away from me. That should keep you safe.

That is all for today.

17 comments:

Dawn said...

Good thing we live in two states separated by many mile. Having coffee together could cause a national emergency. LOL (But we'd be good friends!)

Mocha with Linda said...

That's too funny. Glad you weren't hurt.

I'll still invite you to my party over on my blog. 'Cause I'm sure not having any candles!

Loui♥ said...

You are just too much!!
I love your morning humor as we both are laughing while enjoying our second cup of coffee..
and no..I do NOT think you make it up..life happens..and you just seem to be a natural target!!
warm sandy hugs..
Loui♥

The "Quiet" One... said...

Oh my goodness that is the funniest!!! And yes, it does sound like you make this stuff up which just confirms that it has to be the truth. What a life you lead! LOL!

Amy said...

And don't forget to remind everyone to keep their sunglasses in a safe place.;0)

I seriously think we're related. I say that almost every day. You cannot make this stuff up. If it's highly unlikely and going to happen....it happens to me. We should probably never socialize together...you know...just for the safety of others. LOL!:0)

Have a great day!!

Finding Faith, Purple Rain, and Talking Cows said...

Hahaha, Oh Linda...

Maribeth said...

Oh jeeze and I thought I was the only one this stuff happened to! Welcome, sister. Life is never dull when we are around!

Carmen said...

THAT is so funny! I vow to keep a respectable distance (and carry a fire extinguisher) should we ever meet.

bensrib said...

Thanks for the laugh. Glad you're ok!

Kelly Combs said...

I'm surprised, and glad, that you weren't hurt. I'm staying over here in Virginia, a safe distance away. :-)

Susanne said...

Yikes. Well at least she warned ya, I guess. Glad you're not hurt.

PJ said...

You make my day sound boring. For sure bicycle "wrecks" and tables on fire trumps driving in thunderstorms and signs to a parking lot that leads in a perpetual loop!!!

Shug said...

Oh, I am so glad that you were not hurt..That situation could have turned out bad.

You are too funny, but it is so good to know that there are people like you that take the time to make lemonade out of lemons!

Blessings,
Shug

Debbie's L'Bri said...

Some people are accident prone.. My daughter is one of them... Your writing and how you laugh about it is funny.

♥Cari♥ said...

How does that happen? LOL "I'm going to hit you!" ...um couldn't she have braked? lol Well, at least you can find the humor in it :)

Jewel said...

You really ARE "an accident looking for a place to happen", hm, Linda? :-) So thankful you weren't hurt! Be careful~

Brenda Susan said...

Hahahaha! Maybe you should wear a "Bikes Beware" sign!! First the old man hits your car then you!
OK now I HAVE to go find the story of a fire at a wedding!! Wha?