Thursday, August 19, 2010

Random Stall & Instant Vacation

On Thursdays, I usually post my own answers to the Random, but time got away from me. That's really bad: I don't have enough time to do my own blog meme. Instead, here is a little peek into my random head about how to get an instant vacation. I may or may not be back tomorrow with the Random answers--I'm getting ready for a weekend at the lakes with my girlfriends, so we'll see. Sometimes it takes me the equivalent of a weekend to pack for a weekend.


Look at this pristine white sand and these beautiful handiworks of God called shells. This is sand from the beach at Siesta Key and shells I collected from the shore.

Believe it or not, this is in my bedroom, soon to be at my desk at work.

How, you ask?

Simple! By putting my treasures in a fishbowl, I can take my beach anywhere I want to go. And guess what--no joke--if I stick my face right down into the bowl, I can smell the ocean!!


If only I could figure out a way, like Jeannie, to blink my eyes and be IN my "bottle!"




What would be in YOUR instant vacation "bottle" or "bowl?"

14 comments:

"Just Me - NC Beth" said...

Well, I simply love that you can take a little piece of vacation with you to work, homes, etc.....how neat!! Loved the idea!!

I tried to think of what my vacation in a bottle would be....

I too am a beach fan....have not really been to the beach per se, for a couple of years now...we used to go to HHI every year when we had our time share, but now that we don't, that vacation week is done and over with....

So I think that would be it for me....HHI in a bottle!!

~Beth

Maribeth said...

Definitely sun, surf and sand...and a cruise ship all to my self, with servants to wait on me!

auburnchick said...

Hmmmm...seeing as I live at the beach, I guess I am spoiled!

I think if I could fit knitting needles and yarn into a fish bowl, I'd be set. It wouldn't matter where I was, because having those items makes any place a vacation spot...including the car replace place (where I have finished a pair of socks and taken a quick photo in front of the tires sold there...heehee).


Have a great time on your trip!!!!

Mary said...

What a great idea! I usually just get taken away on vacation by smelling coconut...reminds me of the old days when suntan lotion smelled like coconuts!

Chris said...

Ferns, pines, mountains (in a bottle! lol ) crisp clean air, peaceful stillness. I want to go there right NOW! Rats. Gotta go to work.

LynnMarie said...

I'm not a beech fan but I am a in-the-country-by-the-lake-in-the-fall, kind of gal so my vacation in a bottle would pine cones and bright red and yellow leaves in a bottle. Maybe with a small bottle of pure Maple syrup tucked in.

Cathy said...

I love that idea and I think I'll steal it from you. We take my daughter to college in Florida next week and plan to make a stop at the ocean a couple times while we're there. So I should have the opportunity to make my own portable beach.

Julie said...

My instant vacation..... anywhere alone with my husband....

Mocha with Linda said...

That's great! Sounds like you've saved time in a bottle. (See?! Life is a musical, I'm telling you!)

I have no idea what would be in my bottle/bowl. Probably a book, a DP or a mocha, and a porch swing.

Just Breathe said...

Cute post and a great idea.

Melanie said...

Our family of 5 white water rafting.

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh...I LOVE that idea! This summer I fell in love with Cape May, NJ. Next summer when I go, I'm bringing some sand back with me. It's a very rocky beach, so I have a lot of neat rocks I collected.
Found you via FiddleDeeDee.

Kim said...

A book (or seven), some fabric all cut and ready to piece into a lovely wall quilt, plenty of moola for eating out, keys to a hotel with a jacuzzi, and an iPod to listen to my favorite tunes and food show (Splendid Table on NPR).

Ballerina Girl said...

Hi Linda
I haven't commented in awhile, but I still come by!
This one was so funny with your picture in the bowl though that I just had to leave a note!
I would like to be in my house in the Keys...
diving the warm waters, and enjoying the peacefulness there!

BG