Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Growing weary of the neon doughnuts. Any suggestions for a new & improved RD button?



I'm growing weary of the neon doughnuts. Any suggestions for a new & improved RD button? If so, slip me an idea in the comments. You are also encouraged to leave any Random Dozen questions for future use!

This week's questions are an amalgam of your suggestions from last week and my own new ones. (Hello, word--amalgam--that I have not used in years which must have lain dormant until such a time as this.) I remember when I first saw amalgam, I wasn't sure whether to pronounce it a-MAL-gam or AMMAL-gam.

Which leads us to the first Random Dozen question this week:

1. Is there a word which you initially mispronounced? Were the circumstances in which you made the faux pas embarrassing? By the way, that's not "foax pass." (I know you know that. Just jokin' with ya.)

2. How do you feel about the use of texting shortcuts and trends? (ex: "I've got ur notes. Get them 2 u 2morow.")

3. Tell me about your high school senior picture. Please feel free to post.

5. Share a high school or college homecoming memory.

6. Linda at Mocha with Linda wants to know: "Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?"

7. Lea at Cici's Corner asks, "What is something you have not done that you desire to do?"

8. Carol at Wanderings of an Elusive Mind ponders, "If you could come back [in another life] as an animal, which would it be?"

9. Joyce from The Other Side of the Pond is curious: "Where were you 10 years ago?" Please feel free to elaborate more than just your physical location.

10. When you are proven to be correct in any contentious discussion, do you gloat?

11. What is your favorite food which includes the ingredient "caramel?"

12. From my 17 year-old daughter to you: "If you could be part of any fictional family, which family would you choose and why?" (She's so cute. And clever.)

Please post your answers tomorrow, then come back here to link up. Happy Randomizing!

16 comments:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

Button idea - a picture of a dozen eggs....one of the eggs is a chick. Can't wait to tackle the questions.

Dawn said...

AMALGAM!! A wonderful SAT word that's going to kill me ever so slowly! It means a combination of differant substances into one mass and it is a noun! (Despite knowing all of that, I have a feeling I shall not get a good score on my PSAT tomorrow)

Love the questions!!
Cae

Mocha with Linda said...

Another great list of questions.

Regarding the button, you will laugh that it took me awhile, way back when the RD started, to realize those were donuts. I thought they were apples, mainly 'cause of the green one.

I use stock.xchng for a lot of my blog pics. They have a lot of abstract pics if you want something completely different. I also saw some neat pics of piles of colored rubber bands, colored paper clips, M&M-type candies, etc. And there are all kinds of multi-colored eggs/egg-shaped candy.

Typing "random" into Google Images has some interesting results, one of which was crayons tips. I laughed when I saw that on the top row of the results, there's a pic of Chuck Norris!

samurai said...

Umm... there is no #4. 8)

Here is a suggestion to be used as you see fit.

Think back to when you were 18. What piece of advice would you give that whipper snapper... and do you think you would have listened to it?

Catherine said...

I like the egg and the chick idea from StillMagnolia!

Catherine

Ashley said...

I like Stillmagnolia's eggs and chick suggestion! Or you could do a dozen roses. I was discussing dozens with my 2nd grader this morning during his math lesson.

Oh, and you skipped question #4. :o)

Ashley said...

Okay, mine are up now. Fun list!

Melanie said...

I like Still Magnolia's idea.

Jewel said...

Thinking thinking thinking... do you know what you find when you google random dozen? You find YOU.

Joyce said...

There is no #4. I'm only mentioning it because there's a few ocd types here when it comes to lists. Not that I'm one of them or anything. : )

samurai said...

I thought of another question...

If you were a character in fictional book, any genre, what would you be? Describe yourself.

Holly said...

I second the egg/chick idea...
CUTE IDEA..............

:)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thanks for the questions and I must say I love the donuts!

Sparkling said...

O.M.G. i thought those were apples, not doughnuts!!!

♥Cari♥ said...

Great questions!!

BuyWoWDeathKnight said...

i had a great time in answering the questions. it made me remember old times. hehehe. pls do visit my blog^^

Buy WoW Death Knight