Friday, November 05, 2010

2:00 AM Ramblings About Elvis

Up at 2:00 a.m., whaddya gonna do? Re-design the neglected blog. Thanks to Hot Biggity Blog and Picnik, I can satisfactorily do what I used to pay people to do. Am I 100% satisfied?

No.

But it was 100% free, so, you know; I'm pretty much satisfied, and that's worth a lot these days, especially after the election, which has the winners gloating and rubbing it in and the losers whining. No one's happy. So I decided to be happy with my free blog design.

How do you like the new glass half-FULL me? It's "change you can believe in." (Um, for now, at least during this post.)

I began re-designing at 2:00 a.m., and it is now 4:27 a.m. I need to go back to bed because tomorrow (today?) is a big day at work. It's the annual Hillcroft Services Thanksgiving dinner in the Oneighty building, with the annual favorite entertainment: Elvis. Or a reasonable facsimile.

Yes, every year, The King of Peanut Butter and Nanner Sandwiches gets our building rocking, and every year, I'm just a little bit scared of him and kind of stay back in the shadows because Elvis is very friendly, ifyaknowwhatimean.

But you know, this year, I'll be so sleep deprived that I might lose all my inhibition and just go with it, the ambiance.

Because you all know how I like scarves.


















And this isn't even close to displaying the whole collection.

Mama needs a new scarf to go with the new blog design!

8 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

I love the new blog look!

Can't believe how long you were up. Hope your day passes quickly. If I were there I'd bring you a hot caffeinated something!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Never went back to sleep. Up since 2:00. Can't wait to see how this day stacks up. Or falls down.

LynnMarie said...

Love the photo of you - your hair looks so pretty! Love the new look of the blog and sorry you didn't get much sleep. Weekend is near and hopefully you can crash this weekend.

Kay said...

I love your new look! Love the cute little cup in the header. I need something more fall'ish, but then I wonder why I bother when I only post about 2 times a week anyway. Hang in there. Sounds like it will be a long day.

Penny said...

Go grab you a scarf! ;) Hopefully it won't be too sweaty, LOL!

Cathy said...

I just changed my blog look earlier this week too. It's hard to get it just the way I want, but I'm getting there.

Wow! Love the scarves. I make some, but I hardly ever wear them. Maybe I need to start.
Hope you're having fun with Elvis!

NRIGirl said...

Hi! Glad to stop by. You have got a lovely blog.

When you have a moment please join me for some Coffee with Jesus

~ NRIGirl

auburnchick said...

Oh my word, but you are one hot mama! Jorge better lock you up and throw away the key!!!!