Saturday, June 02, 2012

Changes

It has been so long since I have written a post (6 months) that I couldn't figure out how to get to the dashboard.

Wow.  How things change in 6 months, or a year.

One year ago, my daughter's wedding was quickly approaching (June 18). There was a lot going on in my life then, no doubt, but the happenings were small beans compared to life a year later.

Since then, my dad's cancer has required hospice to step in. My baby left for college in August. Our niece and her two newborns moved into our home on Thanksgiving Day, and this week? Well, I lost my job, sort of.

Brother, can you spare some Status Quo? Some Serenity, Christopher Cross?



It hasn't all been bad, though. I still have Mom and Dad. My son is now engaged. My college daughter is happy with her school and friends. The married daughter has a new job that is more like a career than a job. The babies are the light of my life. Although my carpet will never be the same. I wish I had purchased one the color of ABP baby formula (Already Been Processed). Ew, I know.


And since soon I'll no longer be working, I can enjoy the sunshine in a way I haven't in 9 years. I can run when I feel like, and less whenever I can fit it in. I'm enjoying Facebook (why do I feel like an infidel for admitting that here on my blog?)


Maybe I'll have more time to blog. I had just about given up on it, but I will certainly have more time now. And although I've lost readers and doubted its relevancy to anyone, when I have occasionally looked back at a post for some reason, I'm touched by the details I've long forgotten and realize that someday, the posts will interest somebody, somewhere; I'm kind of hoping it will be a grandchild.


So Laylah, Josiah, or Grandchildren, I'm going to keep at it. I'm going to record the mundane and the humorous, the sad, the happy. And in the process, I think it will help me adjust to changes. I'm capturing moments that photos miss.


So today, I'm thinking of David Bowie's "Changes:"
Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes 
Turn and face the strange 
Ch-ch-changes 
Just gonna have to be a different man 
Time may change me 
But I can't trace time 



I can't trace time? Maybe not, maybe so. I can someday trace my steps back through these posts and see life again, see the details I've forgotten. I think that is worth the effort of blogging again.

23 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Hello, my friend and welcome back!! I'm glad to see you back on the blog. Always happy to hear your thoughts!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Hello! Thank you! Tell me, how does one label one's posts now? A lot changes in four-score and twenty years.

Carmen said...

Welcome Linda! I'm so glad you're back! Things have changed a lot for me too...I no longer post much on my christian blog, but more on my craft one. Life does bring many, many changes...and it's hard to keep up with it all sometimes, whether those changes are good or bad. I'm just happy to see you and your sense of humor back again. You were missed!

Jeanie said...

My blog means little to anyone but me, but I keep it up to help my self record things I want to remember....and I have made some good friends who flatter me by reading it and commenting from time to time. It sounds like you have a lot of life going on and you will enjoy having a record to look back on someday.

Karen said...

Well, hi! I'm glad to have you back!

Barbara said...

Welcome back, Sister! I'm so glad I kept you on my Google Reader. Can't wait to read what you have on your mind and heart!

skoots1mom said...

so glad to hear you're going to be posting...it hasn't been the same without you here...(i don't like the new 'editing'...it confuses me, too!)
welcome back, Liddie!

Linda said...

You're in my blog reader and I was surprised when you popped up! Good to read about life. You are right, its amazing what happens in a year in one's life. I know your grandkids will love your words....I do! Linda

Lisa Laree said...

The label gizzy is on the sidebar now; you gotta click 'labels' or something like that and they'll drop down.

My blogging has dropped way down, too; partly because of the part-time job and partly because this has been the Spring of Internet Ineptitude. We've wiped the hard drive to get rid of a nasty virus, and replaced the modem to try and stay connected. It only sort of works...

But, I've gone back and re-read some of my posts and they have spoken to ME, so even if I'm the only one reading my blog it's a help. So I hope you find your blogging helps you likewise.

'Cause I like to tag along with you... ;-)

Sending hugs on the job situation. No matter how it ends, it's a tough adjustment that messes with your perception of yourself...

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I am delighted to see you back. I have missed you so much. You definitely have a great deal to write about that is for sure. Your life reminds me of mine in 2010-2011. Bless you.

mylongandwindingroad said...

Hello, there, friend. I loved reading this post. I kept seeing on FB those little babies but I didn't know where they came from, ha ha.. So good to read about your story. I'm sorry to hear you have lost your job. I understand that road too as my husband lost his a little over a year ago. I went back to work after 24 years of being at home in Sept. My husband went to school, of course you probably already know this due to fb, ha ha...

I haven't written on my blog in so long. Where I used to write 3 times a week I am lucky to write once every 3 months. I miss writing so much... but due to life's circumstances, well the words seem to be lost to me these days. I too have lost readers... oh well!

I look forward to your blog posts... I always enjoyed them!

Blessings, friend
Julie

Softie said...

Glad to hear from you again! Sorry about the job loss even though the "sort of" seems to soften the blow. Hope to hear more from you.

Dawn said...

Welcome back! I"m glad you're going to continue blogging. I've taken a 6 month break myself but have set a goal of posting sometime THIS week. Come help me be accountable! ;)

Susanne said...

Oh hello Gir Friend. I was just thinking of you yesterday and wondering how your Dad was doing and how you were holding up with all the baby mayhem. I pray for your Dad everytime I think of him. I was so glad to see your name come up in the reader!

AuburnChick said...

She's back!! I'm sorry to hear about the job, but I'm glad you've found some silver linings. I'm looking forward to your posts!!

Roxanne said...

Dear, friend. You have not lost THIS reader. :) I keep on checking back time and again. And as adorable as that little tiger clad booty was, it is nice to see your words here. Glad that the babies (your initial three and the two + mom you've taken in) are flourishing and well--glad your mom and dad are still with you. Sorry about the job. . .but I look forward to reading more of your words again.

Susanne said...

Not sure if my comment went through so I'll leave another. :v)

So glad to see you back. It's funny I was just thinking of you on the weekend and wondering how your Dad was doing. I say a prayer for him everytime I think of you.

The Bug said...

If your screen looks like mine, the label button is on the right of the screen, under post settings (you might have to click on the little arrow beside Post Settings to see the list of options).

Sheila said...

So glad to see your're back.
I love your blog and have missed reading new posts....

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

You've inspired me to at least LOOK at my blog again. :-) Love you!

Ginger Wade said...

Welcome back. I love reading and sharing your journey through the good and the bad.

Praying with you,

Ginger

Sara@iSass said...

Umm hello? Linda! Because of your blog I met many of my dear bloggy friends, remember the video blog "I see what you are saying?!?" it changed my life! You, lady are hysterical and I mean that in a laughing sort of way not the crazy kind! ;0)
I'm so glad you came back, and though it took me a few days to notice ( since I blog randomly) I am cheering you on! Keep writing! Oh, and I saw the " muffin top" post. Ha! Love it. I only wish the made one that sucked you (ME) in, that isn't called "spanx", what? No thank you, I'd rather not be spanxed...I get the "oh, when are you due?"
Seriously people its JUST fat! I'm so lucky mine pools in a nice round bump in the middle, hey if you have a direct line to the big guy will you tell him my boobs could use a little? He must have some creative genius working on something bigger/better then the muffin top stopper!
Much love lady, welcome back!

Crazy Me said...

Life can change so fast in so many different ways!! I am so glad to being reading your posts again!